Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we took the plunge and finally made the decision to add a second dog to our household!

He is an 18 month old boy who gets along great with Abby. Only been home for half a day but doing great so far. He is quite a big goofball - the floppy tipped ears help to make him fit his personality.

Tough to get photos of him by himself as the two dogs can't leave each others sight.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ya, name - his name is Argus.

He is from the same breeder as Abby. We were considering adopting a female who was surrendered by the owner for various reasons but it didn't work out (some same-sex aggression). Then we met Argus who was also available and we fell in love with him instantly. Don't yet have his pedigree but I think they are closely related.

He is still intact so we're going to continue with his show career to see how he does. Thankfully his breeder is the one doing the handling!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awwww!!! How cute!!!! I wish I had two dobes :) and coco the lab mix too of course :) Abby really looks like she loves having him around!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Way to go DD he looks like a big friendly giant,he reminds me of my only male dobe,solid but friendly and in love with everyone.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
He is very handsome.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all! He seems so huge since i'm only used to having Abby - He is about 28" tall and 80-85 lbs. He just seems to be all head!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Congrats. Argus is beautiful and you now have a instant playmate for Abby. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BackInBlack said:
Wow, he looks like a Powerhouse! Good lookin guy, congrats! :)
He is very strong, he definitely uses his weight to his advantage when he and Abby play!

We were a little worried getting him that we wouldn't be able to handle him on leash but luckily he came to us very well leash trained so its heaven walking him down the sidewalk. He happily trots right along side, no heeling command necessary. Abby on the other hand still gets distracted easily and pulls on occasion.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
He looks very beautiful, I like the expression of his head!! wish you much luck and happiness with both of them!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Dobedad said:
He is very strong, he definitely uses his weight to his advantage when he and Abby play!

We were a little worried getting him that we wouldn't be able to handle him on leash but luckily he came to us very well leash trained so its heaven walking him down the sidewalk. He happily trots right along side, no heeling command necessary. Abby on the other hand still gets distracted easily and pulls on occasion.
Wow, its a good thing, because he looks like he could pull my car down the road! haha.

Maybe since Abby is so in love with him, when you go on walks she will just follow right along in his footsteps, as to not get to far away from her boyfriend :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts