Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, laser wasn't around when I got my first male fixed.
Aside from price, any input on the pros and cons of either?

Tanks in Advance.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
To be honest, neutering is such a minor surgery I don't think it would really make that much difference. There might be more of an argument for using a laser with abdominal surgery, which is far more invasive.

the most important thing to me would be how long has this vet used a laser, and how much experience do they have with it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Lillie was spayed with a laser and she seemed to heal much faster and be in less pain than previous dogs I've seen post-surgery. She only needed pain medication for two days, her incision was much smaller and healed wonderfully (to the point where even a small scar can't be felt), and she seemed to be pretty comfortable.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, neutering is such a minor surgery I don't think it would really make that much difference. There might be more of an argument for using a laser with abdominal surgery, which is far more invasive.

the most important thing to me would be how long has this vet used a laser, and how much experience do they have with it.
Thanks.
I'm thinking the same way, as Lasers are somewhat new, whereas the knife has been around forever.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lillie was spayed with a laser and she seemed to heal much faster and be in less pain than previous dogs I've seen post-surgery. She only needed pain medication for two days, her incision was much smaller and healed wonderfully (to the point where even a small scar can't be felt), and she seemed to be pretty comfortable.
Thanks
I have read quicker heal time but in all honesty, I remember with my first male, I swear the operation didn't even phase him, prolly more me.LOL
Plus with the money saved not getting the laser, I can buy Nubis some more toys. Haha

Reactions: Adara
1 - 5 of 5 Posts