Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Muthu
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this forum to be helpful in deciding whether/when to neuter and thus I will share my experience in hopes that it will help someone else.

I adopted Muthu from another family approximately 3 weeks ago (they could no longer take care of him for a health reason). He was 14 months old at the time. He was neutered about 9 days ago.

Prior to being neutered he would mark every tall blade of grass we passed. On a 20-30 minute walk he would mark 6-12 places at least. Since the neutering, he will void entirely in only 1-2 spots. He still lifts his leg most of the time but on at least two occasions he has squatted which I've never seen him do before the neutering.

Haven't noticed any behavioral changes yet but the half life of testosterone is about 2 weeks and thus I wouldn't really expect much change for at least another coupe of weeks. He used to eat in a frenzy from the food bowl but seems to have slowed down very slightly in the speed which he finishes his food.

I'll post updates in about 2 weeks. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts