Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to this forum. I have been searching for breeders and I've narrowed it down to the ones I like. I need to know if anyone can give me info on these places in particular Royal Majestic Dobermans, Nightflight, Garshangan, Glengate, especially this one Amazing Doberman never heard of them and cant find stuff about them. If you have any different suggestions please let me know.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
There are many threads with discussions on Ontario breeders, many of whom you mentioned. From what I can see, Amazing Dobermans look a little lack luster. I don't see any titles and their look is very much NOT my cup of tea. I hadn't heard of Nightflight before, but their dogs look lovely, are health tested and are titled. Glengate is also quite nice, though I'm not sure when she plans on breeding next.

Garshanagan has had several threads started on DT.

If you use the search function you'll find plenty of threads on Ontario breeders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I seen many of those threads But by comparing all these can you tell me the best? garshangan and connquest dobermans, Night flight are now in my eyes.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would recommend Nightflight Dobermans as well as Glengate Dobermans. Both are DPCC members, title and health test their dogs I have never heard of the other two you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would recommend Nightflight Dobermans as well as Glengate Dobermans. Both are DPCC members, title and health test their dogs I have never heard of the other two you posted.
Do you know anything about garshangan and yes they are dpcc members aswell and are included under the the breeders on the website.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Do you know anything about garshangan and yes they are dpcc members aswell and are included under the the breeders on the website.
Being part of the DPCC doesn't necessarily define a breeder as good. I haven't done enough research on them to advise either way, I'd read every thread on them if I were in your position. There appears to be enough of them.

ETA: sorry, I didn't even answer your question. Of the breeders mentioned in your original post I would also recommend (and personally, only consider purchasing from) Nightflight and Glengate. Those are two breeders that don't appear to breed often though, so if you're looking for a puppy sooner there are other great breeders to consider from Ontario as well. In fact, by contacting either of those breeders they may be able to give you a few good names.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Garshangan, though i have never had a puppy from her, or really know anything about her breeding program, i can tell you she loves her dogs/horses/ and any other animal that she gets. She runs a farm by herself, and living in menonite puppy mill country, she ends up with a lot of castaway animals. In the past year, she took in a litter of doberman puppies, a litter of kittens, a mixed breed black dog, a HORSE that no one has come looking for. She has vetted all of these dogs herself, out of her own pocket- including spaying and neutering them. She never complains about having to do this, having to clean up other people's messes or having to spend the money doing it.

I ended up having precious paws help out with the litter of dobes. She was very up front with their temperaments and was able to give me a good description of each of their personalities. When I got the first dobe, it was my first experience fostering with Saph so I asked for the lowest man on the totem pole and she delivered lol. I would email her all the time with updates on the pups and my concerns (sometimes medical often temperament). I laugh a little because often the advice I was given by sheila was exactly what the vet did/suggested. I have no reason not to trust her. If she spends a much time putting thought and energy into her breeding dogs/litters as she
does with her rescue pets, I think she would be good to buy a puppy from. I have met two dogs she owned and bred and they seemed stable, and calm even being in a new environment. .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am new to this forum. I have been searching for breeders and I've narrowed It down to the ones I like. I need to know if anyone can give me info on these places in particular Royal Majestic Dobermans, Nightflight, Garshangan, Glengate, especially this one Amazing Doberman never heard of them and cant find stuff about them. If you have any different suggestions please let me know.
Check out Royal Majestic. .. She health tests and has a litter right now sired by a wrath liberator dog

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Check out Royal Majestic. .. She health tests and has a litter right now sired by a wrath liberator dog
I just looked at their website. I know the sire, and he's a nice dog.
The bitch bred to him is an imported bitch from 'working' lines, but is not a titled dog. Meaning she has no working, obedience, agility, or conformation titles, but they chose to breed her anyway.

I personally, would be looking for a litter with both parents with pedigrees that I know and like, with both parents who are titled.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Note quite correct "dapple" - Belle is N. American breeding - her dam is a Solar bitch. She will be shown and should finish her Canadian Ch. quite readily.:)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
thea2003, I did some research on Roxy's pedigree and went through both the AKC and CKC "Z" lists and could not find any Doberman in her pedigree on either list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do your research!!! and you will make the right choice :)

It really all depends on what your looking for. More European or American looks??? more so then anything you want to know that puppy is coming from healthy, tested lines. My best suggestion would be to visit with a few breeders of your choice before making any choices that way you will make sure you are getting exactly what you want. Also ask the right questions..

-How long have you been breeding for?
-What health tests are done on the parents? Also want to meet the parents.
-Whats your health guarantee? ask to see this and make sure you get a copy when picking up your puppy as well as any other papers promised.
-Ask to see all titles mentioned as many "new" breeders will post saying all sorts of non sense as you can see from some of the posts above picking apart some of the ones your currently looking at.
-references from past litters, you want to speak with some of the people who have dogs from these breeders so you can see what the support was after picking up their puppies and if they got what they were promised.
-Another thing I tell a lot of people looking into dobermans is that any TOP breeder wont be selling puppies on KIJIJI or Craigslist as for the most part they have waiting lists and the breeder will want to meet and interview their prospective buyer. All of the breeders listed below, try and find them on KIJIJI or Craigslist.

I would suggest also checking out: I know people with dogs from all of these breeders and they all have great dogs and received amazing support from the breeder long after taking their puppies home. That aspect alone is very important for anyone who has never had a doberman before, they are not like any other dog.

Dobereich Home, Doberman Pinscher Breeder, Pug Breeder
Dobermann Di Ravallese -- Home Page
Contact Us (Cresswell Dobermans)
Gatehouse Perm. Reg'd, dobermans, Durham, Ontario, Canada
ConnQuest Dobermans

I have a very close friend with a puppy from one of the breeders on your list that in the end was not happy with them at all, but I am not here to bash anyone as everyone's experience is different. I hope you enjoy the process of finding your perfect puppy and that you end up with whatever is best for you :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am very happy with my puppy from hausenbrook dobermans. She health tests and titles her dogs, and is very selective with her sires. She usually only has one litter a year, and has been great with supporting us. People have also mentioned how impressed they are with our dogs temperament. I did a lot of research before I chose a breeder and a very happy with my selection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just lost my six year old male Doberman today, he was from garshangan kennel. He had liver problems since he was two years old, the right side of his liver never grew. We were at the vets today getting a check up and he died. DCM. Sheila was not nice to me, I would not touch a dog from her kennel. I know of other people who have had problems with her kennel
Clara Postowski

·
Super Moderator
22,318 Posts
I just lost my six year old male Doberman today, he was from garshangan kennel. He had liver problems since he was two years old, the right side of his liver never grew. We were at the vets today getting a check up and he died. DCM. Sheila was not nice to me, I would not touch a dog from her kennel. I know of other people who have had problems with her kennel
Clara Postowski
I'm so sorry for your loss. If you are up to it, feel free to post a memorial thread for him in the Rainbow Bridge section. We'd love to get to know you and support a fellow Doberman lover in their time of grief.

·
Registered
3 Posts
and yet I know many owners of dogs from Garshangan, like any other kennel you hear good and bad. People need to make their own decisions, due diligence is required.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts