Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:
So after doing some reading on her, I am really really concerned that Im going to mess up the ears on our lil guy. Ive done two postings now (using tampons super plus size). When I push them into the ear he seems to screech. Im afraid of hurting him. Also they are only lasting about 12-24hrs before hes shaken them off or one pops out. Now Im also worried as I read about 'pockets' so I have no clue if Im doing anything right despite pics and vids.
Is there ANYONE in the toronto area or close who is experienced and would be willing to lend a hand here? We would go to our breeder but when she did a 5min 'posting class', it was sloppy, quick.
Compensation available too of course.
Please help!!!!!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Ask your breeder to sloooooooooooooooow down on the taping and really HELP you get it right!!!!
How about the Vet that cropped the ears, can they help? They might have a 'client' near you that would assist with the tapings.

I hope someone will help you, going through a crop and posting by yourself can be daunting for a first timer.

·
Extraordimary
4,927 Posts
The super plus tampons may be too large. If I'm posting using tampons, I buy Tampax regular tampons although they have changed from the past and I recall that I had to alter them somewhat the last time. ]

Anyway, what area of Toronto? It's a big place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mary: I was thinking they may be too big too!! (I had read in my research to use the big ones but now after trying I think you are correct, smaller may allow for them to sit deeper in the ear and more comfortably = less popping out).
We are in East York area but willing to travel a bit.

Isys: Thank you for your offer! I will be talknigwith the boyfriend to let him know and we may take you up on your offer!

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Just wondering which breeder you got him from and would you recommend? Feel free to pm, just trying to get a feel for breeders around me. Im in brampton and would LOVE to help you...but I have zero experiance posting. :emo11:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, thanks for the offers to help. I've msg all of you privately the other night, hopefully someone responds soon! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts