Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother came home today and told me she got a raise at work. Also that we most likely won't lose our house because 1 of her friends and her daughter will be moving in with us. She has also told me that she would like to get trinity a play mate because at this point trintiy is very lonely and destroys the house when ever we leave. I asked my mother what kind of dog she would like me to look for and she said a heeler size or smaller. To me thats kind of too small for a play mate for a doberman but who knows. She also wants to get it as a puppy. Another thing she wants me to look for is if I can find one for free. I'm sure about that considering I can jsut go to the pound but hey my mother is the one paying. So what breeds are the size of a heeler or smaller that ya'll think would be a good breed for a playmate for Trinity?

·
Registered
460 Posts
She has also told me that she would like to get trinity a play mate because at this point trintiy is very lonely and destroys the house when ever we leave.
If Trinity has seperation anxiety, getting another dog will not solve the issue. Believe me my dog, Scoob had severe SA and having a second dog around does nothing to stop the problem. If you would really like to have another dog, I would first work to resolve Trinity's behavioral problems before bringing another dog into your home, otherwise you might wind up with two destructive dogs.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it didn't start till my mother gave her dog away. When there are other dogs in the house she doesn't do it. My mothers dog that she gave away trinity grew up with and they never destroyed the house but once he left trinity started destorying the house so I guess you would say she has SA from otehr dogs. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts