Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I took your advice and posted his ears myself, they are looking great but there is a problem: when Zeus is excited his ears touch each other, his left ear leans a bit lower and so they basically cross. It look weird and i'm mot sure what to do. I haven't managed to take a pic, but this is how his ears look normally. All advice is helpful, thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,982 Posts
See that little tip in of the ears in all of the pictures. He probably has a small pocket (very likely just at the skull level of both ears. Use a bumper next time you post that because what it does is just push the area which has the small pocket out (there are instruction for using a bumper in the forum on puppies, subsection cropping or posting--that will show you how to determine this and how and where to put the bumper.

The ears basically look good and the tip in (and crossed ears when very excited) is pretty easy to fix.

dobebug

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,521 Posts

·
Big Lil pup
7,019 Posts
Hi Nick

Thanks form coming back on with an update. I remember you from your last thread. I'm glad you stopped having that vet post Zeus's ears. Zeus is sure looking cute. His ears look like they are coming along well.

So... Look at the part of the lesson that melbrod pointed out. It's probably the one that you are using. In addition, I am going to add a link to a discussion that explains what "pockets" are and also shows the same corrective measures. The thread is a few years old, but the information is still really helpful.

Ear pockets- what are they and how to fix them.

Let us know how it goes

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts