Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello DT. We have a gorgeous male 1.5 years old, Doberman from a Top Breeder in USA. His ears are cropped. Both ears were standing with some tip erection problems, however, we taped and they were standing beautifully; however, one ear now completely flops. I think- I hope- with some intervention techniques, we could get it to stand again, but I think we are at a point, we need some expert in person advice. Can anyone PLEASE help us? We are near Skokie IL, or near north Chicago area. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
1.5 years old is getting late to expect a change in a completely flopped ear, you might consider having it examined by a cropping expert.

What happened to your bitch puppy born in... May? The one you had before this dog? Who wouldn't even be a year old, you were having trouble posting her ears too weren't you?

·
Banned
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Abby, with the female I was just having "normal new crop puppy jitters". We did contact the breeder of the male, who is wonderful and supportive. We were just asking on the list, if anyone is in our area to connect?. A picture would be the typical one ear up and the other ear floppy. Both ears were up from the base on the male. Is there a cropping vet in our area that anyone knows of to recommend? That's all we are inquiring about. Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts