Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was at a party for a very good family friend who is being deployed, so everyone was saying bye to him. I let Juno come with me for the social factor. Needless to say EVERYONE absolutely loved her. There was another guy there who had a Dobe in the past but something had happened to him. He was all over Juno and asking if she had VWD. I told him no, she's clear. He talked about how his dog had it (and was CLINICALLY AFFECTED) and went on about waiting for his breeder to have a litter again. I also heard him mention they were $400 with CKC papers. Nuff said, right? I really want to find who it is and erm, "talk" about their breeding ethics. Another friend (very close to me) also wants a Dobe pup from said litter. I'm going to deter her. I know of a few rescues right now who have Dobe puppies and recommend them instead..
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Why would you make the same mistake twice? :eek: Why purposely get a dog you KNOW could bleed to death after an accident? I guess he wants a dog to remind him of his last?

Couldn’t help you find the breeder, but perhaps you should show him some website of more reputable breeders? I'm glad they've got you there to put some pressure on!

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you make the same mistake twice? :eek: Why purposely get a dog you KNOW could bleed to death after an accident? I guess he wants a dog to remind him of his last?

Couldn’t help you find the breeder, but perhaps you should show him some website of more reputable breeders? I'm glad they've got you there to put some pressure on!
You'd think. :rolleyesww: I know he can't afford a dog from a reputable breeder (he's a jail cop in his early 20s) so I'm going to suggest a rescue.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I really want to find who it is and erm, "talk" about their breeding ethics.
"Hi! You don't know me, but how about we start with the assumption that you are the scum of the earth, and let me explain to you how what you do is ignorant, irresponsible and evil!"

Talk to your friend. Tell him what you believe is important to look for in a breeder, and why. If he wants to approach the breeder in question with questions about what health testing has and has not been done, great! If the breeder has questions and you want to offer yourself through your friend as a resource, great! Other than this, I don't see that you really have a place here from which to begin a dialog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts