Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm having issues with my 2 year old male dobe and I'm hoping I can get some help. Not sure if it's his food or what it is but he was on Royale Canin, Large breed without any incident from 15 months old until he had his anal glands cleaned about 2.5 months ago and then it was non stop diarrhea for a month so I switched him to Nutro Natural Choice Adult Herring Meal, Rice & Potato Dry Dog Food. His stools got better for about a week and then it was back to half soft stools/half hard or just simply soft and now we've even advanced to hard as a rock some days. I've completely cut out any type of treats. He is constantly scratching and gnawing on his paws and his gas clears a room (literally). I've read on other threads that sardines may help but if that doesn't work are there any other options? I'd like to try everything possible before I resort to putting him through tests, vets, etc. Other than the gnawing and loose/hard stools, his energy is still at an all time high and he has no other issues.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
21,997 Posts
I've moved this post to a new thread for you - you'll get better responses that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts