Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! You have all been so helpful in the past so I figured I would post another thread :) I'm from California and my husband and I have been researching for a few weeks regarding a reputable breeder. I've heard a few names thrown around and well I've narrowed it down to two breeders. Foxfire Dobermans and Pamelot Dobermans. Michelle was kind enough to let me know she's currently busy so we haven't had a chance to chat as much as I'd like but I can tell from what we have chatted about she is top notch. Pam is totally amazing! She spent two hours chatting with me regarding her dogs, her breeding and my hopes for a puppy. I was blown away by how thorough and detailed she was. I want to get everyones opinion on which breeder would be a better fit for me? My husband and I are looking for a companion pet. One who loves to be with his/her pack, has energy, loves to get down and play but also loves to cuddle. We plan on enrolling him/her in obedience training. We are looking for an overall family dog. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

·
Premium Member
8,861 Posts
The two breeders are on opposite coasts. Michelle of Foxfire is a much bigger volume breeder and travels a lot. However, she is closer to you. Pamelot does not breed as often and I don't believe travels as much.... she may be more available for questions. I really don't think you would go wrong with either breeder.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Another breeder for your consideration would be Eve Auch of Irongate Dobermans.
She is in Truckee, Ca. We have two Irongate Dobes.
I also agree that the two you mentioned are excellent choices.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Have you looked up Addox Dobermans? You can find their information on the DPCA breeder referral page. He is also a very reputable breeder in CA (Sacramento).

Reactions: Darkevs
1 - 5 of 5 Posts