I just need some new ideas really. I will make this brief!
- Picked up at 6 weeks old, I work from home and have lots of time to spend with him
- He's extremely smart, he knows a lot of commands (sit, paw, lie down, spin, speak, wait, stay, etc.
My solutions so far:
- He uses bell on door for "potty" outside, he does, but then goes again just to play outside (we go outside to play for about 1 hour a day anyway, why does he feel the need to keep going outside?)
- He will NOT leave my clothes, blankets, and random "dangerous" trash alone!! (plastic forks, plastic bags, cords, etc.) He has SO many toys of different textures and sizes, what is wrong with his toys?
- If he has an accident on the floor, I use a paper towel to clean it, he grabs it and runs off with pee on it! Am I REALLY not giving him enough attention??
- Started with a firm no and disengage if the behavior is unpleasant or unwanted. didn't work, and I was consistent.
- That didn't work right not firm NO or a disengage, so then I held him facing away from me holding him repeating words, "No biting" and "settle". It helps, but not a lot.
- I have resorted to an authoritative smack on the nose (not too hard) and it doesn't stop him from doing it again later....