Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All,

About me:
I'm from California. I'm looking for a euro Doberman best friend. I'm planning on joining a shutzhound club in my area. I want to offer my future best friend a balanced life.

The research:
I was looking for a breeder in the states but after doing research I found out the price is almost the same and when you look at their pedigree they come from kennels in Europe. So i figured might as well go to the source since the euro breeder had the original vision on the look, temperament and health.

The breeder:
After contacting quite a few breeders that were recommended on different threads here on Dobermantalk I found one that I like.
Erebus Dobermann
http://erebusdobermanns.com/home.html

Based what I've seen and spoke with the breeders the dogs are titled, worked and most importantly health tested.

My only concern is that when I try do research I can't find that many good or bad reviews or past experience with the breeder. My other option is Altobello or Pride of Russia. On them I can find a lot of info. I read on a thread that sometimes it's better going with a smaller kennel.

The question:
Is this breeder reputable? Has any one worked with them or seen their dogs in shows.
Can you guys check out the website and advice me on whether to move forward or the stear away. If I get a puppy it would be litter U.

Thank you in advance for any feed back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Euro lines here will chime in, but just from looking at the website, I would pass.

Check out Kansa or Swift Run for some examples of working line dobes... both are reputable and actively campaigning dogs.

Also, you do not need a "euro" dog to compete in schutzhund. My boy is South American lines, but we're currently training IPO and he is an absolute freak at it. I understand that it is a matter of preference, but just wanted to put it out there.

·
Super Moderator
15,371 Posts
Those breeders you mention are European "Show" breeders. If you're serious about a working doberman you will want to seek out a working breeder either stateside or abroad. If you are after a companion first and foremost and temperament and health are of utmost importance you should consider American show/performance bred lines as well. As a general rule these breeders do the most comprehensive health testing prior to breeding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully someone with more knowledge of Euro lines here will chime in, but just from looking at the website, I would pass.

Check out Kansa or Swift Run for some examples of working line dobes... both are reputable and actively campaigning dogs.

Also, you do not need a "euro" dog to compete in schutzhund. My boy is South American lines, but we're currently training IPO and he is an absolute freak at it. I understand that it is a matter of preference, but just wanted to put it out there.
Thanks for the advice. I never looked in to SA Dobermans. I'll do some research. :nerd:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've never heard of them. I wasn't terribly impressed by their website, but they might be excellent, wonderful breeders. Have never heard of them either way. It might be worth your while to check out the UDC Breeder Directory:

UDC Breeder Directory

Good luck in your search.

·
Got mutt?
13,646 Posts
don't do it!!! this breeder is under investigation. inbox me for detail
Another year+ old thread.

Could you be more specific, since the OP (who hasn't logged on the forum since March), mentioned three different breeders?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts