Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have a 10 year old female doberman named Roxy. We just had twin (our second and third) boys. It has cause da reset in priorities and just too much to care for. We do want the best for Roxy and are no longer able to give it to her and pay her the attention she deserves. She is a very sweet girl who has had a nice life and we would like to find a place for her to live out her life. In a perfect world she would live out her life on a farm. She has some joint pain and licks her knees a lot. She would make a great mentor for a doberman puppy because she has such a great disposition. If you know anyone who would be interested in adopting and loving her or have any advice please contact me at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Why on earth do you think your faithful loving companion of 10 years would ideally live out her life as a farm dog living outside with limited human contact?
Please contact a doberman specific rescue to see if they can take her in and find her a loving forever (inside) home she deserves that much at least.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Ouch, that's so sad.
Poor senior girl... her family giving her up after 10 years of giving them nothing but love.

It's hard to help you if you don't give us your location. This is a big world after all.
We can point you in the direction of a nearby doberman rescue if you just let us know where you're located.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
What possible problems can a 10 year old dog cause you?

I'm sorry, I see this way too often and have little sympathy. You are tossing out a family member. :mad:

I hope a rescue can help get that gal somewhere where she is appreciated and put on medication for her arthritis.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
:( this breaks my heart...... its totally unfair. Hopefully she will get into Doberman Rescue and find a family that cares about her and gives her the love she deserves. Good luck Roxy!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hmmm whats more expensive, a kid or a dog? I know the solution !!! Throw out one of the kids !! ( sarcasm )

Sorry, I just have a hard time feeling sympathy here, 10 yrs of love from a Dobe and thrown out the door like garbage. I see my pets as family and I would never throw them out because of a new member.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Ya know, I don't think there's a thread on DT that has angered and saddened me as much as this one.

Do you know how many people would do anything to see their Doberman live to 10? To be able to hold them, play in the park, relax on the couch together with their senior? To have one more day to spoil them?

Take a good look in the mirror right before you let this gal go. Remember, you too will get old. Karma is a b*tch.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
This angers me to no end. I agree with sam&macksmom, do you know how many of us would give just about anything to see our precious dobie children live until 10 years old - I have absolutely no patience for this kind of crap!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I agree, this is terribly sad and I absolutely do not *get it*. However, if they don't want the dog, they don't want the dog and nothing you say is going to change that. Even tho re-homing this girl may cause some confusion, for the poor old gal, chances are she is going to be WAY better off. She is much better off in a home that not only wants her but that will also love her.

IMO anybody willing to re-home a 10yo dog, for any reason other than a tragic one, probably did not provide much of a life for the dog anyway. She deserves to spend her last 1 or 2 years in a home where she will be loved and pampered.

Those of us that managed to juggle kids, dogs, a home and a job outside the home, apparently are "super human" and it seems the majority of JQP doesn't have 'super human' powers.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
OP, now that you have decided you want to rehome your dog, please do so and make a GOOD choice at her new home. I would hate for you to keep the dog nowthat you have decided you dont "want" her anymore and she is an inconvenience. It is most likely that her staying in the home with people who dont want her would be worse for her, assuming she will get pushed aside and treated like she is unwelcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is so sad how can someone just throw a family member right out the door. I have two kids a 6 year old and a 3 year old and our 11 month old male doberman and a chihuahua. How can a 10 year old dog cause any trouble? It sounds like Roxy is having some health problems and they dont want to take care of it. The owner of Roxy needs more help then just finding a new home for her. I dont mean to be so blunt but this is very sad to read.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts