Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a really good breeder who is willing to ship a puppy all the way to australia preferably pedigree and cropped and docked not really looking for show quality but good blood lines for personal protection also preferably male because i already have a female dobie :) also it is a bonus if he will come neutered:D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Are you looking for a real personal protection dog or is the presence of a Doberman enough of a deterrent for you?

If you want a breeder to ship to Australia, you are going to have to establish a relationship with a breeder before they consider shipping a dog half way across the world. Even then, some breeders might be hesitant to ship a puppy that far to someone they've never met.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont get me wrong i love my current doberman to the max she is the best dog but i need a second one to keep her company and for her to play with she just came out of obedience school and will begin personal protection in a few months she passed her first temperament test and is the perfect dog for protection i am willing to pay up to 5000$ for a puppy and cover all expenses on shipping and if the dog is a already trained adult i can pay up 30,000$ i loved all my dogs and treat them with only love and the best care i can provide for them :D

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a reason I would suggest for adding a second dog..especially since yours has not reached maturity yet and won't for a couple more years, but good luck.
I have a doberman addiction lol its not funny i love them all so much they are cute to us and intimidating to strangers they are the best dog breed by far they are so loving and good natured and the best part of my day is coming home from work to find little girl waiting for me and smother me with kisses :D

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dont get me wrong i love my current doberman to the max she is the best dog but i need a second one to keep her company and for her to play with she just came out of obedience school and will begin personal protection in a few months she passed her first temperament test and is the perfect dog for protection i am willing to pay up to 5000$ for a puppy and cover all expenses on shipping and if the dog is a already trained adult i can pay up 30,000$ i loved all my dogs and treat them with only love and the best care i can provide for them :D
If you are planning on training in personal protection, I'd import from Europe from proven working lines.

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are planning on training in personal protection, I'd import from Europe from proven working lines.
Definitely my current doberman is from one of the best lines in europe she has russian blood lines as i am temporarily living in greece she seems a bit small though at the moment plus i would get another one from here but taking them to australia cost about 6.5k a pop so you can only imagine what this dog means to me :)

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Holy Crap! That's a lot of Money! Feel free to donate to the 'My car's AC is broken Fund' :nicejob:
Or my Spay The Feral Cat Fund.

OP, tread carefully, all sorts of shady types out there, more than happy to ship you a dog, for that kinda money. Take a little time, research some more, take a breather and train some more with your current pup--might turn out to be the best bullet ya ever dodged.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Or my Spay The Feral Cat Fund.

OP, tread carefully, all sorts of shady types out there, more than happy to ship you a dog, for that kinda money. Take a little time, research some more, take a breather and train some more with your current pup--might turn out to be the best bullet ya ever dodged.
Very true. Lots of shady people out there will can sell you an untrained dog for a ton of money. Especially if you are not meeting in person and seeing what the dog can really do. I remember one story here on DT, where a new member bought an expensive trained dog, and the dog was barely potty trained. :( I cant recommend time and research enough!

I would definitely look into getting a puppy down the road from working lines, and training it yourself if possible. Most Doberman are visual deterrents anyway, I had quite a few people scared of a four month old puppy because she was barking a little!!

·
Got mutt?
13,726 Posts
Holy Crap! That's a lot of Money! Feel free to donate to the 'My car's AC is broken Fund' :nicejob:
Wow, $30,000. That's more than my house is appraised for. Feel free to donate to my "I need a new carport and storage shed fund".

Do you want to import an American dog just to get a cropped/docked dog, or because you want specific qualities that only a NA bloodline could give you?

Reactions: Athena the Doberman

·
Always Faithful
622 Posts
Reactions: Athena the Doberman

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Im looking for a really good breeder who is willing to ship a puppy all the way to australia preferably pedigree and cropped and docked not really looking for show quality but good blood lines for personal protection also preferably male because i already have a female dobie :) also it is a bonus if he will come neutered:D
Keep in mind that there's a 6 month quarantine for dogs going into Australia from America - some breeders will keep the dog through this period for all its rabies stuff, but some will send it to quarantine. If a puppy is in quarantine it will miss out on critical socialization and it's unlikely someone will post those ears.

Also, if you live in Victoria you need to be aware that dogs trained in personal protection are classified as dangerous.

Aaand not sure if it's the same in AUS, but in NZ cropped dogs can't compete in any kennel club sanctioned event (so no conformation, agility, obedience, tracking etc).

You will be very limited in what you can do with a cropped puppy from America! There are some good breeders in Aussie breeding working line Dobermans.

·
Go Dog Go
606 Posts
i am temporarily living in greece she seems a bit small though at the moment plus i would get another one from here but taking them to australia cost about 6.5k a pop

i am willing to pay up to 5000$ for a puppy and cover all expenses on shipping and if the dog is a already trained adult i can pay up 30,000$

i need a second one to keep her company

Are you looking for a playmate for your dog, or for an adult protection dog? And what is your budget?

Are there import issues between Greece & Australia to cause the $6500 price tag? Will you be taking your female 8 month old with you when you go?
Kate

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Are there import issues between Greece & Australia to cause the $6500 price tag?
If Greece is not a rabies free country then there is 6 months in quarantine + all the health testing + the flights + the cost of the dog.

I have heard of people here (NZ) and in Aussie spending well over $10,000 to import a dog. Around $7,000 is what people tend to pay for importing dogs into our countries from rabies free countries.... Importing is NEVER the cheap option here :(

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I don't have any experience with this business owner or his dogs, but according to his website, a young male who is protection-trained is approximately $7500 (just to give you an idea of what's out there).

Doberman Pinscher puppies for sale | Belgian Malinois puppies for sale | Doberman Pinscher for sale | Belgian Malinois for sale | Trained Doberman Pinscher for sale | Trained Belgian Malinois for sale | Doberman Pinscher breeders | Belgian Malinois b
This site also has no mention of health testing, it doesn't look like the parents have titles, and all of his dogs for sale are expected to reach full growth at a height and weight larger than standard.

It sounds like money isn't an issue with this person so how about people who have the knowledge to mention some reputable breeders that have shipped dogs outside NA before and might be able to help the OP out?

·
Crazy Dobe
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Starlaine has sent a dog to Australia before, and Cambria has shipped to New Zealand. Both dogs were sold to very well known breeders though...
Yes i will definitely be taking my baby with me there is no doubt about it and the quarantine for the dog is 1 month minimum i already wrang and checked if you complete all these tests required the dog goes only for a month so thats definitely what im going to do and the reason it cost so much is because quarantine is 375$ a week for the dogs stay and food and then you have to pay for a government vet to see her and do all these special tests and stuff which will cost about 2-3k and then her plane ticket is so much more than mine its not funny her ticket is 2.5k and its hard to find a airline who will take a dog that far but im willing to do what i have to for baby :) i wish i could donate this money but im not rich the only reason i have this money is because i down graded cars and my original car i had to get a loan to pay for lol but when i have give when i dont i cant especially with the way greece is going at the moment i dont think anyone can afford to donate :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts