Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call from a friend of mine today. She said that she was helping a friend of a friend move. Needless to say, one of these women has 4 dogs. 2 of the dogs are over 10 years old, and the vet bills are racking up, so the woman asked if my friend might know of anyone who wants a 3 year old Male Doberman. All that I know about him at this point, is that he is a purebred Black and Tan, Cropped (one ear flopped), Docked, and Neutered. She said that the dog seemed very sweet. He has been kept in the backyard most of his life with a 3 year old male rottie (chained up) I am going to try to find out more about him, and see about maybe getting some pictures of him.

I am going to see if I can get him either way, and try to find a home for him, he doesnt deserve to live his life as someones backyard problem. I will let you all know when I find out more about him. I would not be opposed to transporting him within a reasonable distance from Eastern, NC if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Spent most of his life tied up in the BackYard sigh what a shame that is I't shouldnt be to hard to find a new loving Home though Good luck!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hubert, Near Jacksonville. Like I said though, I will drive him anywhere within...say...4 or 5 hours? I am willing to maybe even go farther for the right home.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
That's great of you to help BinB! I sent my very best wishes and prayers that a great forever home pops up soon for him!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Lexus, I am hoping the very same thing. It just makes me sad, I wish that there was more that I could do. I don't think it is a good idea to have two male dobies permenantly or I would consider taking him myself. I have no reservations about keeping him until we can find him a good home though. I just need to get another crate so I can help him transition to "house dog".

·
Super Moderator
15,665 Posts
Unfortunately i would love to take him, but I would have to make new living arrangements for school next year. But, I can help out by giving you: http://www.doberman-rescue.com/home.php
and [email protected]
This organization will have no trouble placing him. Pass on this information to your friend and the owner. I'm sure you can find a foster family if you are concerned about having two males.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good News! This guy has a great new home! He got a bath today, and is spending the rainy weekend inside with his new family! Good Ending! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts