Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The BOberman
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this food. My dog seems to be doing well on it. Her stools are firm and she loves eating it but I have noticed that her poops is almost black and it smells sulfuric almost. There is a very weird smell in all her poops. Any experience?

·
Small Handful of Woman
1,783 Posts
Hi!
I have the Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Turkey as part of Roxy's rotation. I do notice that she poops less and they are small and black.
It's not the food she enjoys the most, but I like it in general.
It is also easy on her stomach and doesn't cause any coat issues, like other foods do.
My only complaint? It gives her some nasty Dobe-gass :sprint:

Reactions: Bob the Nailer

·
You can't kill the metal
832 Posts
gas could indicate an upset stomach

It took me a few tries to get past diarrhea and gas but eventually landed on Natural Choice Lamb and Rice.

Lexi still has gas, but it's only small and in-frequent squeaks when she sits down and they don't stink up the area.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I used the bison and sweet potato formulas. I found it was easy on his stomach and required minimal transition time in switching from his old kibble; however it caused him to be a pooping machine. He pooped 4 times per day and was gradually loosing weight on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts