Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a new pup in a couple of weeks and having a hard time coming up with a name. Thor, tank, gunner, oakley, rock, need some help got any other names?

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I LOVE Oakley as a name. It's not one I"ve heard on a dog before (and I work with dogs so I've heard a ton of dog names).

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I second Oakley! Ive seen a few tanks and we have several Gunner's already on this forum... rock reminds me of the rock.. blech :p

·
Ameteur Houdini
239 Posts
I vote for Oakley! It's quite unique, and sounds awesome.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
I like Oakley a lot as well, but I think it better suits a female dog...as in Annie Oakley.

My list of cool male names:

Judge
Boss
Kratos
Argos
Odin
Kilo
Brinks
Bosco
Bravo
Senator
Sinister
Hawk
Xerxes
Rommel

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,416 Posts
Do you have any kind of theme or a special feature about the dog you would like to emphasize?

·
Registered
319 Posts
my favorites:
Onyx, Knuckles, Oakley, Tank, Zoe, Zeus.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since there seems to be a tough theme I will throw out Sarge lol. My dad is threatening to get my dog to respond to that one no matter what I name him.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Who are you getting a puppy from? I listed Carmen Pitts (Allure Dobermans) contact information on your other thread. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I know at least two dogs named Oakley, one is a female Dobe (it was a fashion theme, so named after the brand) the other is a male GWP, it's a nice name, the wirehair ended up getting called "Okie Pokie" though...

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
What about Flynn, Echo, Rumor, Tilt or Jenga?
I can think of two Dobes named Flynn (one dead and one living), 5 Echo's (one dead cat, 2 living Doberman bitches, 1 dead Lab, 1 live Aussie, and one live Afghan Hound). I have a male Rumor, within 5 miles there is another Rumor (Dobe bitch), and I know of two other Rumors on the east coast as well as an English Rumour--all Dobes. And I even know two Tilts--one Manchester Terrier (Standard) and one Australian Cattle Dog. I don't know any Jenga's.

My solution is to wait until I get the puppy (unless the breeder has already call named it--in which case I just stick with that call name) and give it a couple of weeks and usually by that time some name has come up and stuck to the puppy (or kitten) and that's what we live with.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love Oakley!

Lol, I have a co-worker trying to change my Mason to Butch. :rolleyesww::p
Haha glad it's not just me! I am so keeping him away from my father! He already has Jasmine responding to Dummy (lovingly of course lol)

I think Oakley is a good name too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dodger, Thresher, Blitz, Zeus, Shakespere, Achilles, Romulus, Reemus, Trigger, Ace, Bentley(kinda sounds like oakley but not quite as femanine) Magnum, Midas, Diesel, Ajax, Atlas... hmm. dont think any of those where said yet... cant think of any other names that arent overly common. and even a few of those are pretty widely used. I live Ace and Shakespere alot... but thats just me. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another trick I like to do it pick word I like that matches the personality and translat it into other languages... sometimes you cant find some really cool sounding names that way...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts