Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does your dobies name represent and where does it come from?

My boys name is Luke, that was his name when we got him, I wanted to change it but my wife really liked it so it stuck, for me it represents a teeny weeny part of my wifes happiness because she really liked the name for him.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
This should be fun.

Da'Kari which is a little changed version of Dakaria which means happiness.

At first we spelled it Dakari and people at the vets office were calling her Daquari, the drink, so I put the apostrophe in there so that people would have an easier time saying it correctly. Which BTW is "Da-Car-ee"

Well anyway, she is our happiness, we just love her to much so her reg name is Murphy's Da'Kari and Sunshine meaning our "Happiness and Sunshine"

The other, my little boy, we had a hard time naming him, I wanted to name him Choctah but nobody liked it but me and one of the vets LOL finally I thought of Nash. I haven't registered him yet so I don't know what is going on his papers.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mine is Sabot....Sabot King of the Battle....kinda corny I know, but we're a military family and a Sabot is a tank round....go figure, lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the names....where does the word Dakaria originate from?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hmm well we named our Dobe Jack.. cause when we first got him he was always tearing into stuff and what not.. " Jack the Ripper"... then hubby was likeing Jack Daniels.. so his full name is Jack "the ripper" Daniels... compromising i guess.. but we always calling him Jac Jac, JJ, Jack..

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Have you an hour to spare ,then i'll begin with my alpha girl when we first had her we named her Sheena after the tv show but then we decided it sounded far too german shepard so we thought as she was a red (although we call them browns or liver & tan in England)and our traffic light system goes red,amber,green we decided to call her Amber the red,so it's Amber.
Now the middle one Chelsie, this is complicated and soccer connected,i follow a local team called Wolverhampton Wanderers(the Wolves)and one of our local rivals was playing a team from London called Chelsea(we decided to spell it slightly different)anyhow on the day we purchased her, Chelsea beat our local rivals 4 to 0 so i decided on the name so i could stand her in the local field shouting her name just rub it in with some of our neighbours.
Finally Tia,easy this, we liked the name,so there it is,well you did ask!!!
[

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Harmony to even harmonize the energy :) Asher because he is ashy colored. Kind of ordinary I guess. Everyone likes to call him gaser though when he explodes. I guess even dogs get made fun of :(

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Chi's registered name is Noah of White Beach (don't ask me why LOL) but we named her Chihiro after the herione in Hayao Miyazaki's Japanese Disney movie "Spirited Away". It's funny that the dog has taken on many of her name sakes traits :)
I wanted to name her Hero (from Much ado About Nothing - big Shakespeare fan :) but Jordan insisted on Chihiro. It was close enough and kind of neat since it's a Japanese name and we got her here in Japan :) Recently, Jordan has informed me that our next Dobe (not for many, many years) will be named Sophie after the heroine in Miyazaki's latest film "Howls Moving Castle".

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jasmine was the name of a 5 month old Dobe we wanted to re-home from a rescue, we went to see her a couple of times and took the kids and my 8 year old Cavalier King Charles. She was very very bouncy and just wouldn't leave Ellie (CKC) alone and I had to make the heart braking decision not to home her :sadcry: When we got Jazzy she was called Bailey but my 8 year old son is Autistic and he had been talking about Jasmine for the 2 weeks we thought we would be re-homing her and he just kept calling our new pup Jasmine. We changed the spelling to Jazmine as we call her Jaz or Jazzy all the time.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Poor Bruno went I think 3 days in our home without a name. My husband and I couldn't agree on one name lol. I wanted Amadeus really badly. I've always wanted a dog (actually a blue Great Dane) with that name. But hubby just wasn't going for it :( (so it's going in his registered name when we register him hehe).

So he wanted Rex....No. Wasn't working for me lol. So then he wanted Brutis. Still wasn't working for me. So one night I was sitting here thinking and thinking of something to compromise him with. Then I thought of Bruno. I woke my husband up at 1am (he had to work next day haha) and asked him what he thought. He agreed :D So it stuck!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Hmmm...Well his registered name is "Back In Black" I just thought that would be such a cool name for a black male doberman...(I still do :)) Haha. It came from the ACDC song :)

We call him Rommel...after "The Desert Fox" My fiance picked it...I wanted to call him Jett or Stuka, after the German Airplane... My Boxer is Piper....and registered as "Little Piper Cub"

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
my fist dobe was named Cody after the town in Wyoming. my husband is from out west, tho Alberta not WY. and some of the other choices were just atrocious - Harley , yeah we ride, but it has just been done to death, and my casy, my oldest wanted Smitty. I have no clue about that one lol

Apollo was his name from his first family. it doesn't really roll off the tongue easily so we mostly call him Pollo.

there is a red dobe available thru our rescue and her name is bunny! we are tossing around a puppy for next summer so I will make sure I get every one's input.

cc

·
Registered
28 Posts
I needed a new name for my boy, he was five months old when I got him through Boxer Rescue, his name was originally 'Pasher', well I didn't think much of that as a name. He had had four homes before I got him, and he is such a good boy, I decided on Cody because it sounds good, easy to shout across the field, and he answered to it almost straight away, oh, yes, and nobody else liked it!!

Previous Dobes have been called Elsa, lost at 15 yrs, Cassie lost at 14 years and Abby, old lady when I rescued her from stray kennels, mid teens probably when she was lost. All blacks.

Other present dogs are Russ, GSP originally called Prince but I thought that was a bit naff, Ben, Lab who was always Ben but I wish I had changed his name, left it because he was so nervous and still is, last but never,ever least, Nova, Vizsla, just loved the name and it suits her right down to the ground, she is a star.:dancing_b :dancing_b :dancing_b :dancing_b :dancing_b

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dobe Names

I have blk/rust Selene for "Selene Goddess of the Moon" who was a black haired lady.
I have red/rust Rhianna, dirvative of Rhiannon, who is Goddess of Earth, fertility, birds and horses" and was a red head
I always go to the Gods and Goddess' for my names. I think it goes well with the nobility of the Dobe.
I do love the other posters Back in Black (love AC/DC) :cool2:
Dobe

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess- We had a doberman when I was very very little named Duchess...but she died at the age of 2 or 3 :( I only know her from pictures. When we got Duchess I felt Duchess was the only name for a Doberman since that was what I grew up with...its a noble sounding name and didn't get its full use :( so I decided on Duchess. It was either Duchess or Lily...and Duchess won.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java was named partly because of her color and partly because I happened to be tidying up my hubby's stack of computer books and came across one for the programming language 'Java'. We wanted something short and sweet and the none three names she carries for AKC seemed 'right' for her. Started calling her Java from the day I picked her up, although I'm sure there have been a few occasions when she thought her name was 'JavaNO'!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts