Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I spent some time soaking in our little pool today. When I came in the house, I kept feeling like I had something crawling around in my hair, but I couldn't find anything no matter how much I ran my fingers through my hair.

Then finally, I felt a tickle on my hand, brought it down and there crawling around was a BIG ant! I screeched and threw the ant across the room (well, it STARTLED me).

Capri jumped up from her comfortable place on the couch, rushed over, sat in front of me and put her foot on my arm as if to say, "I'm here. I'll take care of you."

When they say dobermans are bred to be personal protection dogs, they aren't kidding!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
an ant?

you was scared of an ant?

good grief sis, grow some ovaries will ya.

:)

Hugz to the furkids!

ps, I wonder if the dobergas might be a good ant deterrent?
how big is your spiders? or other bugs?:roflmao:I would pee my pants just thinking about seeing one................

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I SAID it STARTLED me! :smile10: LOL

Generally the only things that bother me are spiders--they just have too many legs.
And eyes--have you ever seen a close-up of one of those buggers?

ewwwwww.....:sprint:

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I startled a little beetle in the bathroom the other day. He climbed laboriously all the way across the bathmat going up and down each strand of the rug, across another 2 feet of floor and then slid into a dark crack under the molding--I wondered how he knew that there would be a hiding place there. He couldn't have seen that place to hide in from between the strands of the bathmat? Or was he just crawling straight ahead until he came across a good place to hide? Did he originally come from under the molding and actually REMEMBER how to get back?

Another unanswered question to ponder..........

·
Super Moderator
26,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, there I was, STANDING there, from the safety of the.............floor; you can just wipe that other image right out of your head.

He was a cute little thing.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Last night as I was scoffing cherries I started to choke and Toby sat up, looked at me all concerned and licked round my face as if to say,

'if you puke anything up, I am here for it.'

As for bugs, you should come here and see the ants we have, and then what about the big ar$ed beetles and the grasshoppers. Hmmm I feel a thread coming on here.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Summoning the ambulance, no doubt.
Maybe, but knowing him...maybe not.

What I think goes on in his brain:
(to the chorus of the Toby Keith tune Red Solo Cup)

What was that noise? I heard a noise!
Its time to bark, its time to ba-arrrrk

I have to
Bark at that noise, I heard a noise!
Its time to bark, its time to ba-arrrk

It would not suprise me if in his wee little brain was a loop tape of that song. Magnum's theme song if you will...:rolleyesww:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts