Votes: 29 21.0%
  • Chalmar's Smoke on the Water

Votes: 20 14.5%
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to all that helped me come up with some nautical themed registered names.

I have narrowed the choices down and would like to see what the members of DT chose as their favorite.

I still have not chosen a call name yet, I have decided though that it does not have to be related in any way to the registered name.

Hopefully I do this poll thing right..

Reactions: dragonflyz

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you should remove the the from perfect storm I think
Really? Well the movie is actually called The Perfect Storm, but I hear ya. I guess by removing the "The" the dog becomes the perfect storm. However I do think it sounds better the way it is. We shall see. ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Really? Well the movie is actually called The Perfect Storm, but I hear ya. I guess by removing the "The" the dog becomes the perfect storm. However I do think it sounds better the way it is. We shall see. ;)
well either way lol I still voted for it with the "the" in it I just think it flows better without, but I still think it is the best by far with it

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Just wanted to mention that you have a year to register a dog with the AKC without any kind of penalty-don't know what the time frame is with the CKC. If you have a comparable amount of time with that registry, I wouldn't be rushing to zero in on a name.

People frequently hold off until the last minute to send in their papers, to make sure they have the perfect name. Razzle, for example, was about 8 months old when I sent in her papers.

It really *pisses* you off to find that perfect name AFTER you've already sent in the papers. Or to "waste" a great name on a dog that fails to live up to their potential, and isn't going to cut it in their role as a competition animal (show dog, working dog, etc.).

·
Registered
221 Posts
I like Legend of the Black Sea. I think you added an "s" to Legend by accident. Anyway, it sounds badass!
That was my second choice. Okie I think you have too many good choices! :nicejob:

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Really good names.

I agree with Murrey, not sure I'd rush to choosing just one, 'til you see how your pup shapes up and what suits them best.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like gale force winds... Aka breezy. Or breeze
That is cute, Breeze or how but Windy?

Being an old Deep Purple fan, my choice would be the last on the list :)
and a related call name can be "Rock"
I like that name but yeah that's the first thing I think of to, thanks now I can't get the beginning of that song out of my head..again!

Is this girly gonna be black or red?
It's an all black litter.

Reactions: Soleil

·
Registered
990 Posts
I also like Smoke on the Water. In spanish, humo means smoke, humareda means "cloud of smoke". I would make the call name "Huma" pronounced, Uma..."h" is silent in spanish. You could also do a fire themed call name...still goes with the reg. name. "Fuega" as a call name from "fuego" (meaning "fire" in spanish).

Thats just my opinion...I'm also spanish so thats why I like the spanish influence. I like names that have a connected meaning.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts