Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took Gracie to my nephews baseball game over the weekend. She wanted to meet everyone and be petted by everyone. Every kid that walked by she watched and tried to walk up to.

There was this little maybe 3 year old boy that walked up to her and started petting her on the head. He was eating cheese crackers, and asked if Gracie would like some. Before he could tell him no he handed it to her. She took it out of his hand so gently, and so calmly it was unbelieveable. She ate her cracker while the kid was still petting her. His mom told him to hurry up and walk with her. So he ran up to his mom and when his mom turned her back the kid ran back over to Gracie and kissed her on the ribs and told her she was good dog. The mother looked at us and kind of laughed and said she was sorry, for her kid acting that way. We told her it was no problem that Gracie loves kids. So the mom got up and grabbed the little boys hand. But before she led him to where she was going he kissed her again. :) Gracie turned her head and gave him a few kisses as well. If only I had my camera with me. :)

Lol. Also there were 3 teenage girls leaning up against the fence with their back to us. Gracie walked right up and stuck her nose right in one of the girls butt. She reached around to hit what ever was touching her butt. She seen that it was Gracie and said s*it, I just hit a doberman, she walked over to the other side of her friends and pushed them down towards us so they could get attacked by evil mean doberman, that likes to put her nose in peoples butts. It was just really funny.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol awww that is such a sweet story!!! I firmly believe that kids are a better judge of character in dogs than the adults! ...Its the parents that SOMETIMES grab their arm and look at you like "how dare you" lol. The kids are never scared of the big bad doberman they simply LOVE THEM! and not love them like they love any dog...you can tell the kid knows that this dog they are petting and kissing and being kissed back by is much different than any other dog.
at the dog park this lady with huskies have 2 little boys that when they go to the dog park the 4 year old goes "are we going to see my dog!" (he is reffering to Duchess lol)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hahaha Gracie and the Dobe poke, it is so funny. Nash just gave his first Dobe poke the other day and I laughed because when Da'Kari first did it I didn't know it was something they were famous for.

Once I took Da'Kari to Petco just to socialize and she was a little nervous at first because there were so many people in there so Mark took her outside and talked to her and calmed her down and then I went out and got her, brought her back in and she did great, she walked around the store loving it and as we were checking out she Dobe poked a lady, I apologized but it was still funny.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Gracie melts my heart, so why shouldn't she have that effect on everyone!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
yeah me too! when I heard the cheese...I was like "aww the poor kid is going to get something other than a kiss from chi!!!"

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
That is so adorable. Where was the camera GM?? Dont you know that anywhere you take Gracie, you have to take the camera???? Haha.

You gotta love the dobe poke....you never know when its coming. :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I had my camera with me. I set it out on the table so I wouldn't forget it, then I walked out the door without it. We got all the way there and I started digging through my purse to find it, then I realized that I didn't even bring it with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts