Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
It can also be a reaction from having had Parvo. I don't know if you all remember, but Jewell had that same condition after she recovered. To the OP, unless it is something really weird, it will probably come in normal when she loses her puppy coat. But I would definitely ask your breeder if this puppy has been ill and if so, how long ago. I didn't see how old she is....
Unfortunately, the breeder has been less than helpful from day 1!!! Would DEFINITELY not use this breeder again

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
They're kinda infamous.

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/33733-family-dobes-az-utah.html

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/58293-another-family-dobes-thread.html

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breedin...ion-family-dobes-breeder-before-purchase.html

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/53847-know-breeder.html

Not considered a good breeder at all. He does have persuasive site, though, and takes in lots of folk who have no reason to suspect him. :(

I hope you'll stick around though. Plenty of people here have pups from less-than-stellar breeders and we are all about the dogs here, regardless of where they came from. We just hope people who come here learn what does make a good breeder so they can make a more educated choice in the future.

And I hope you find a good answer to what's causing your pup's issue! Sorry, I don't have any insight there.
She is a sweet dog and we love her. She is our dog. However, HONESTY is valued in my opinion. I did a lot of research and asked a lot of questions but totaly missed that this dude is not a Man of his Word!!

Thanks for yourr input.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OP, my 6mth old red male is just now losing his white hairs. His back looked exactly like yours (obviously red instead of black). He had parvo when he was younger followed up by a bacterial skin infection. My vet thinks it was caused by the stress of so much in such a little time. He looks much better now and every day the little white hairs seem to be disappearing.

On a Family Dobes side note, when I was looking for a puppy I had him, Firefox, and two in western washington in mind. Luckily for me (with a hint of sarcasm), my little guy was gifted to me at 7.5weeks (gotta love dads). After the "breeder" (two litters on the ground, in an outdoor kennel, Ol' Roy, picking puppies up by a leg to drop on the other side of the kennel to get them back in... I didn't want to support this) told me she wouldn't refund the $400 my dad paid or take him back, I really started looking on here and realized my little byb pup was a blessing in disguise because Steve does not seem to have a great reputation. (Note, good reason to NOT gift puppies unless you know what you are doing! I love Loki, but I didn't get to pick him out, pick the breeder, his parents are def not what I wanted in my pup's parents...)

Anyway, since you're pup's white hairs look so much like Loki's, his should start falling out with the puppy coat.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Unfortunately, the breeder has been less than helpful from day 1!!! Would DEFINITELY not use this breeder again
That is typical of a lot of byb and breeders who mass produce puppies. They are your friend and breeder until there is a problem. Then it is like you are the problem, not them or the puppy/dog they shipped to you.

·
Registered
716 Posts
@Browneyes:

I found this for you on this site and thought this sounds like the problem you might be having... Well with your pups fur... and probally the breeder as well...

I hope this is helpfull in figuring out the mystery with the pretty white pup!!!
XoXoXo

newdobermanmom
Lil Pup

Dogs Name: Tell us your dogs name

Gallery Pics: 0
Visit newdobermanmom's Gallery

Family Dobes, AZ, UTAH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day everyone I am brand new to this world of dobermans and I need help in shutting down a puppy mill, abusive, lying, dishonest man. I purchased a "trained" doberman from Steve Parsons at FamilyDobes and now he has moved from AZ to Utah, this is a long story I told him I was interested in doing schutzhund work he said the 8500.00 doberman was ready for his BH and Sch1, he just wanted someone else to have the glory of titling the doberman, and he did not have time to do this, well I bought the doberman in May and we are no way near the time for a BH, then he said I had NO restrictions on the dog and he would send me the transferred AKC reg papers, which came with restrictions, he sent me a puppy at 6.5 weeks that is infected with demondex, and he knew the mother had demondex when I asked him about her spots he said it was from rubbing?! I know that I am uneducated consumer and this is my fault but I must say I feel sorry for the puppies he is flying all over the world at such a young age falsifying the travel cert, he also placed a service vest on my adult male so he could fly the dog. I have LOTS more, I just need help to report him. Thank you.

·
Registered
732 Posts
well, getting the breeder out of the way, switch to a better kibble none the less. Orijen large breed puppy IMO. Finn was on royal canin when we got him and had some light hair sprinkled through him and. Only a week after switching to Orijen all that hair had turned blue and his coat got very dark and shiny. Maybe it will work for you too. Worth a shot and the easiest thing to do is simple switch to a better food and see if it does the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI everyone.

My 12 week old puppy is FULL of white hair all over her back and legs and seems to be getting more every day. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Picture attached

Thanks
Long shot as it's been almost 10 years since you posted, but did you find out what your puppy had? What was the cause of the white hairs? currently having the same problem with my almost 3yo doberman female

·
Got mutt?
Leo, Lily, and Simon
13,952 Posts
Long shot as it's been almost 10 years since you posted, but did you find out what your puppy had? What was the cause of the white hairs? currently having the same problem with my almost 3yo doberman female
Welcome to DT.

It looks like they haven't been on the forum since 2013, so odds are they won't see this. You would probably be better off starting a new thread.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts