Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Let's please try to keep this thread on the subject, this is a new member asking a question. I have seen this in a well bred puppy. It was a reaction to either flea treatment or vaccines, I can't remember which, on the puppy I saw and the puppy had never been ill. The white hairs did go away rather fast too.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Let's please try to keep this thread on the subject, this is a new member asking a question. I have seen this in a well bred puppy. It was a reaction to either flea treatment or vaccines, I can't remember which, on the puppy I saw and the puppy had never been ill. The white hairs did go away rather fast too.
You are right. I had forgotten all about that.
It was not quite a severe but it was all over his body
If we are thinking of the same dog, it also went on to complete its AKC Championship.

Sue

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I started a dog food business almost 10 years ago, selling Royal Canine.
(cancelled brand after first year / due to corn & beet pulp)
- not worth the premium $$

Honestly, Canidae all-life-stages is better at the same price point.
- I even switched over all my customes...with great results
(Royal Canine, is more marketing than best quality)

Better still...Holistic-Blend Lamb&Rice
Very best...Organix Chicken
- just my opinion / I equally blend, the last two, listed now
Thank you for the info. I will definitely make the change. Again, we trusted the breeder as that is what the puppies were being fed. I like thee idea of the Organix if I can locate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Helen:

Can you please be more specific regarding your comment, "Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed". Where can I find out more about this breeder's reputation?

Scott

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I was thinking Bramley Lobes as well, or Bunder Dalley.

Kylie (my fawn rescue girl, for the OP) has vitiligo, and the pattern of white isn't really expressed in the same way as in this puppy's picture.

I think your best bet is to see a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis, make sure it's just a cosmetic issue.
what do you know about Bramley Lobes??

I will take her to see a dermatologist.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,338 Posts
You will find lots of information on both of those breeders if you use the search function. Both have been discussed here extensively.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you search this forum for him you'll find a lot of info. His kennel has been brought up more than a few times.

Hopefully its just a funky reaction and the white will go away when he loses his puppy coat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it looks like the puppy is newly cropped, with ears folded over the top of the head and taped down.

It could indeed be from the place you mentioned, tho.
Western part of the US, "big time kennel", breeder is a male, and the puppy was uncropped...let me guess, does the kennel name rhyme with bramley lobes?
When you say expect the worst, are you referring to the quality of the dog or the business dealings ofd the breeder?

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
Helen:

Can you please be more specific regarding your comment, "Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed". Where can I find out more about this breeder's reputation?

Scott
That comment is her forum signature, and Im pretty sure it doesnt refer to anything specific in this thread or on this board, but to life in general.

·
of Ferret Rock
1,674 Posts
What do you know about this breeder?
They're kinda infamous.

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/33733-family-dobes-az-utah.html

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/58293-another-family-dobes-thread.html

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breedin...ion-family-dobes-breeder-before-purchase.html

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/53847-know-breeder.html

Not considered a good breeder at all. He does have persuasive site, though, and takes in lots of folk who have no reason to suspect him. :(

I hope you'll stick around though. Plenty of people here have pups from less-than-stellar breeders and we are all about the dogs here, regardless of where they came from. We just hope people who come here learn what does make a good breeder so they can make a more educated choice in the future.

And I hope you find a good answer to what's causing your pup's issue! Sorry, I don't have any insight there.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts