Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He decided last night that he wanted me to sleep on the couch with him instead of the bed for half the night. I honestly think he gets way too hot in our room. I'm not sure why but our room gets really warm that even I'd rather sleep on the couch. He only does it sometimes but man is he good at getting me out of bed. If the kisses on my face and hands don't work then we move to the big doberpaw in my face. However our couch is not the biggest so somehow he ends up sleeping on top of me and I don't sleep very well.

Oh well as long as the prince is comfortable right? ;)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Haha, thanks for reminding me why I'm not mad my dog actually chooses to sleep in her dog bed for 80% of the night! Bed hogging and suffocating heat!!

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, thanks for reminding me why I'm not mad my dog actually chooses to sleep in her dog bed for 80% of the night! Bed hogging and suffocating heat!!
Haha I think I'm going to move his bed into our room so he has that option but he would much rather be in the middle and then put all four of his paws on me and try to just push me off. So much fun sleeping with a Doberman.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Haha I think I'm going to move his bed into our room so he has that option but he would much rather be in the middle and then put all four of his paws on me and try to just push me off. So much fun sleeping with a Doberman.
Thats what I get if I dare try and put my legs up on the couch at the same time she's up there. She loves to push all her weight against me so she can nap in a sitting position, so I can get away with ONE leg then... :rolleyesww:

And just wait till it gets warm! He'll never be by you, mabel totally ditches me to sprawl on the floor. Only snuggles in winter :(

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what I get if I dare try and put my legs up on the couch at the same time she's up there. She loves to push all her weight against me so she can nap in a sitting position, so I can get away with ONE leg then... :rolleyesww:

And just wait till it gets warm! He'll never be by you, mabel totally ditches me to sprawl on the floor. Only snuggles in winter :(
Oh yea. Last night Diesel tried to do that and I was like oh no buddy if your making me sleep on the couch you'll lay around me not the other way around. Instead he decided if I wasn't going to move then he was just going to lay on top of me haha

Hes started to do that! He'll be up on the couch with us and then kind of slides off onto the floor and stretches his whole body out and then goes back to sleep and when he gets cold he comes back up.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Same here, she can be sleeping on the couch all comma-ed out, and then like something bit her in the butt she's up off and collapsed on the floor all stretched out lol

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
5,026 Posts

Last summer my boy decided he didnt want to sleep inside, instead he moved out with the other dogs to sleep on the covered Terrace, it is a flyfree zone so no mozzies can get at him and it is so much cooler than the house. (no A/C). Hmmm I wonder if my bed would fit out there?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fantastic post.
I recommend the book, "Dog training for dummies." Remember, it is best to train a dog when it is still young.
I actually did read that book haha he is being trained and knows a lot he just gets hot and doesn't like laying on the floor. Last night I put his bed in our room but he still wanted to be on the couch :)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
LOL THREAD - before you move the "prince" bed into your bedroom, you might want to ask Diesel if "he wants the "couch" in there instead.

Our bed routine is, I have to place my hand on Amy and I treat her to 5-10 minutes of belly rubs and tinny finger pinches, before she goes to sleep.
If I miss this part, O'h the whining, starts off in low volume and goes up from there...He-He.

On the couch, Amy mostly lays on the opposite end now and I will wiggle my toes on her side, to make her know, Dad has not forgotten her.
Sometimes one human leg on her back while the other foot nestled against her belly or chest.
- now I can't go to sleep, without a dobe beside me

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL THREAD - before you move the "prince" bed into your bedroom, you might want to ask Diesel if "he wants the "couch" in there instead.

Our bed routine is, I have to place my hand on Amy and I treat her to 5-10 minutes of belly rubs and tinny finger pinches, before she goes to sleep.
If I miss this part, O'h the whining !!

On the couch, Amy mostly lays on the opposite end now and I will wiggle my toes on her side, to make her know, Dad has not forgotten her.
- now I can't go to sleep, without a dobe beside me
You know I think he would like the couch in the bedroom haha

I love Amy. Letting dad know she has to have her belly rubbed to sleep. That's really sweet. I can't sleep without Diesel. Every time he moves away from me I wake up just to check on him because I'm so used to having him by my side. It would be strange not to. Plus it gives me the sense of security knowing I have him by my side :)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I can never understand how some people get bit, waking or startling a sleeping dog.
Heck, I have to constantly touch her with either a hand or my feet, to put my sucky girl to sleep.

I also always 1/2 wake her up if she is dreaming...with my touch.
And if I wake up in the middle of the night, and can't hear her breathing, my hand goes back on her checking for a heart beat.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can never understand how some people get bit, waking or startling a sleeping dog.

Heck, I have to constantly touch her with either a hand or my feet, to put my sucky girl to sleep.

I also always 1/2 wake he up if she is dreaming and if I wake up in the middle of the night, and can't hear her breathing, my hand goes back on her checking for a heart beat.
There's no startling diesel that boy sleeps like a rock haha

I do the same thing. Sometimes I can't tell if he's breathing so I place my hand on him just to make sure. He's usually always sleeping with his head on my chest or curled up in one of my arms so I always have him with me. It's such a wonderful feeling.

She's such a sweet girl. Everytime we talk I wish more and more I could meet Amy and her wonderful family.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
How could you say no to a face like that - Deisel that is.

I love having a Dobie in the bed. We usually have 75lbs of Doberman, 100lbs of German Shephard, 10lbs of cat, my 6ft3 hubby, plus myself in the bed. We bought a king size bed many years ago to accomodate the entire family.
When we still had Garthy, I would send my husband to the guest room so I could snuggle with all 3 dogs.

Oh, in regards to your dog getting too hot.......We have an oscillating fan at the end of our bed. The GSD pants all night if its not on and shakes the bed. I don't even hear the fan anymore. She loves it. Noooo, my babies aren't spoiled.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts