Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hard to tell from those pictures... and the white hairs on the chest throw me. If I hadn't seen those I'd think full blooded almost. Definitely some dober in there though!

Edit: Let us know when he shreds the first pillow/stuffy/treasured throw aunt mildred knit you and we'll make him an honorary doberman!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this made me laugh! He shreds EVERYTHING, if he's bored and get his mouth on it. Thank goodness for crate training. Incredibly sweet puppy and loves to play.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Im going to go against the crowd and say Rottweiler/Hound(+???). He is much heavier boned and even if it was euro Dobie(which is unlikely).
I dont think a biger boned Dobie would be just running loose interbreeding.

You could have a DNA test done, its always fun to find out what you really have:) My guess is that he is a couple breeds.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'd say there's Dobe in there- the one thing that really makes him look more houndy is that he has a very low ear set (on the side of his head instead of very high up)

Either way, hope you stick around! I definitely want to watch this boy grow up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
His name is Phineas. He is a 6-7 month old shelter dog, I got him when he was just about 8-10 weeks old. If he is part Dobie (I'll try to have the DNA test), he'd be my second dobie mix. I had a female Catahoula/Doberman who mix passed away in February from lymphoma. She was an amazing dog. He's my first male dog and so far he is MUCH different from the female mix. She was more serious. He is incredibly goofy.

I wasn't sure about the Dobie part, but the hound is evident in the jowls. His bark reminds me of my former dog and so do his eyes, which is why I thought he might be Doberman. I have heard Rottie, but he's very slight.

Thanks for all the guesses...we'll see what he looks like when he grows up. So far he's all boy (think of 4 year old boys getting into everything...).

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
He's cute.

Stick around, Phineas can be an Honorary Dober, here.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
He definitely looks Doberman to me. Possibly not 100% but I suspect there's a lot in there. I've seen small patches of white on Dobie chests before. He's so very very cute. I can tell he is full of himself. I'll send Taylor to you and you can crate train her.

Reactions: wgsdluver

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
See it right in the face even with thumbnail pic

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the DNA tests.. they're a joke. I have a friend with a dog that is an obvious shepherd/some kind of collie like dog and she did a DNA test on it that came back as a Dachshund :uuuh_2d_s

1 - 20 of 21 Posts