Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember the thread I had about the new roommate and her male doberman. Well, she's been here for three weeks and I love both her and her dog, Duke. Duke and Dreizehn do not get to be around eachother, for anyone who wonders. However, once her work settles down (she does taxes) we plan to take walks with them together. Also, Dreizehn isn't getting any less attention now that Duke is here and I think that Duke is getting more than he used to since I"m home a lot (the roommate works long hours).

A little bit about Duke. He is a HUGE sweetheart. He howls along with the opening theme of The Office, he LOVES to play tug, and he has perhaps one of the best dispositions I've ever seen in a dog. He is also obsessed with squirrels. I've been told that he isn't out to kill them, he just doesn't want them in the yard.

Before the comments on his weight or nails... My roommate is fantastic and loves her dog. But, as dog owners go, she is definitely more of the average dog-owner than a knowledgeable DT member. She got Duke at 4 weeks old (he is a little over 6 now). Yep, the scum she got this dog from sold the puppies at 4 weeks. She feeds IAMS and I'm not pushing my dog views on her, I'm just hoping she'll see the pamphlets I've been leaving out about good dog nutrition. His nails are like talons but we're working on that.

That being said, here is Duke!
(and one of Addie)

*I resized the pictures on Photobucket so they should get smaller soon.*

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Oh my. He is a big boy :) I'm glad you're keeping them separated.

Hopefully he'll shed a few pounds, get those nails short and eat better now that he's living with you :nicejob:

p.s.
Do you know what happened to his ear? Looks like a piece is missing.

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts
Oh, he looks like a sweetheart. In response to the ear questions, was it maybe a bad crop? It looks like it's also rather short to me.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
So glad to hear things are going well! That will be nice when they can take walks together. So glad you included a pic of Addie! If I knew where you lived I would come and steal that little girl! She is so darn cute!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually have no idea what happened to his ear. He's always on the go (hard to believe with his weight, but it's true) so I actually didn't notice it until I looked at the pictures. I'll have to ask, I'm curious, so I'll let you know. I don't think it's due to a bad crop. His ears are short but the shape is pretty nice, imo.

Herb2Relax said:
So glad you included a pic of Addie! If I knew where you lived I would come and steal that little girl! She is so darn cute!
If you PM me I'll give you the address :D I LOVE Addie and even though the guy has been stepping up (only a little) I'd happily give her to somebody who would take better care of her.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Nice pictures :) Im glad it's working out with everyone, sounds like you have a chance to be a positive influence in duke and owner's life :) finding a good roomie is hard!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently the notch in his ear is due to her very poor posting skills.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
He's a cutie. Maybe running with Addie will help shed some pounds. I can't say anything about the talons, Jordan has been neglected in that respect lately. That's exactly how I describe his. I force myself to take a night off (not often around here anymore) to do them before I worry about broken toes. I'll gladly take a few of Duke's pounds for Jordan though. He needs to gain probably a good 5 pounds more.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Lovely looking boy! I think you're going about the nutrition/nails thing in the right way too; nobody wants to be bombarded with 'You're feeding crap food, his nails are too long, his ears are dodgy' straight away, and its so difficult not to say that to people LOL :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts