Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home about an Hour ago with my new girl, Azura. She's actually sleeping on me right now haha. But I did notice something with her when i got home. She is full stock with her AKC papers and what not but on her back right paw she has a toe that has a little bit of white around the nail and the nail is pink instead of black is that a normal thing in Dobermans or do i just have a special one?

·
Banned
422 Posts
Pictures?? and Congratulations.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
While im potty training her what do I do while it's raining outside and she has to go?
You will thank yourself if you can get her over any aversion to being rained on. By all means try to nip that in the bud- treats, praise, make it a big deal.

Go outside with her w/slicker or umbrella in tow. Even walk her in the rain & mist. I'm not kidding it will make life much easier for both of you.

I've a typical one that will hold it all day to avoid rain, even if I go with her outside, but we got her as an older puppy and unless she's going to burst it's not happening w/her.
If I know it's going to rain will get up to make sure she goes.

You will also be glad if you have a dog that will eliminate while on a leash.

/so grateful for the dogs who go no matter what.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well she's going on a leash...after i found out what she does when she needs to pee she's been going when i put her outside, afterwards she gets a treat and praise. Then i bring her back in and she wants to play for about 30 minutes and after she tires out and goes to sleep i put her in her crate until she wakes up and has to go again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just got home about an Hour ago with my new girl, Azura. She's actually sleeping on me right now haha. But I did notice something with her when i got home. She is full stock with her AKC papers and what not but on her back right paw she has a toe that has a little bit of white around the nail and the nail is pink instead of black is that a normal thing in Dobermans or do i just have a special one?
Congratulations.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
well she's going on a leash...after i found out what she does when she needs to pee she's been going when i put her outside, afterwards she gets a treat and praise. Then i bring her back in and she wants to play for about 30 minutes and after she tires out and goes to sleep i put her in her crate until she wakes up and has to go again.
Unless you're treating her the moment she does what you want, she probably has no idea what you're treating her for :)

I use "YES" as a marker for whatever it is they're doing that I want them to do- at the exact moment they're doing it :) Imprinting them that Yes means a treat gets them the clue what they're doing is correct and that they want to be doing the thing that gets them a yes.

"Yes" beats having to have a clicker in your hand at all times, or fumbling around for one - missing the moment~8D

Later on you can wean them off the treats.
This is what I'm doing anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts