Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to let you all know, that I picked up my puppy on the weekend, he is from the same litter as Damien was from, so that was a bonus.Pat & Brian were great with both of us, and I could not thank them enough.

He was sent back to my breeder this past weekend, because the couple decided they could not handle 3 Dobermans at this time. They were living in a Winnebago going from dog show to dog show and it was just too much. He had a long plane ride from Nova Scotia to Woodstock then I went and picked him up at a dog show down there.

He is a great looking puppy with great temperament, but with the flight and all the moving around he seems a bit confused. He has been home with Mel and I for 3 days and he is really starting to come around.

I hope you enjoy the pics of Chase :)
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7645/chasepuppy0398rt.jpg
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5484/chasepuppy0352ha.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5628/chasepuppy0453eg.jpg

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
dobie lover, I am so happy for you, he is beautiful, his ears look great and I love LOVE the name!! I bet you won't let this one out of your site outside will ya?? ;)

Give him a BIG hug from me, he is awesome!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments

Dakari- You hit your comment right on the button, I was not sure if I wanted another dobe at this time, Just what had happened with Damien I was a little nervous.

But I kept going to dog shows and driving hours to watch my breeders show their dog's I couldn't stay away...lol

This little guy is not leaving my site..That's forsure

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dobedad- The ear's are probably done, they have been standing since last wednesday. This litter had really good ear cartilage wich is a bonus.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
He's a good looking boy.

Just a suggestion..while the ears are standing, the tips of the ears still look a little weak, they're leaning out slightly instead of standing completely straight. If it were me, I'd put some breathe rite strips on them for awhile, just to add a bit more support where it's needed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Javasmom

I live in Ottawa , but my breeder lives in Woostock. I picked up chase in Dorchester last weekend at a dog show.

It's about a 6hr drive for me.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
What a handsome Dobe! I am so very happy for you. Keep the pictures coming.
Nice to have his ears out of posts already =) The breathe right strips are easy compared to keeping up with those posts. If you use skin bond glue the breathe right strips will stay on even longer.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Yes, as the others have said, he's a beautiful looking Doberman. What a coincidence that he was returned at this time. It's kind of like it was meant to be.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
He is very handsome. I am so glad that you were able to get to get a litter mate of Damien though. It makes him even more special. Not that he needs any reason to be. :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone

It is kind of special to have a litter mate of Damiens.

A couple of weeks ago I was offered a pup from another breeder (show Q Black/tan Male) they had met Mel and I and said they would love us to come down and see the pup. It was in Montreal about 2hrs away from where I live. I went and seen the pup he was very nice, and im sure would of made a great puppy for me to strart showing, but I didnt have a connection with him.

So after a few days of thinking about it I decided that I would wait for Pat & Brian's next litter (early 2007) Mel and I agreed that we would like another red male from them. All of a sudden this pops up..so we jumped all over it..we felt like it was meant to be.

Kind of funny how things worked out some times..

Ryan

1 - 20 of 36 Posts