Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it- I decided to take on a foster. I've been wanting to for a while but was a little nervous about how my dogs would do and how I would handle having 3 dogs. I got a call from our coordinator on Thursday that a 4 yr old female needed to be pulled from a mill close to me so I said yes! I picked her up Friday night.

Here is Jewel. 4 yo docked and cropped (but flopped) female

She's super sweet. She's got a little fat nubbin but its wagging constantly. She loves my Dane and he loves her but he needs some time to learn to not paw her (playfully)like he does Gypsy. She hasn't met my Dobie yet- my girl is a dominant female so we're taking it slow.

She's only been here a few days and has made a ton of progress. Will keep you updated :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Did you say you saved her from a mill?
Oh so so sad...
Thanks for adding the part about her little nub.... wagging! It put a smile on my face:butfly:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Super cute my Alice is going to be a cropped but flopped also. She is just darling I love that you have dobes and Danes my brother has a black Dane and him and my dobe as best friends

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
O. M. G. That face!!! Sweet and beautiful?! Jewel is going to find a wonderful home in no time, I'm sure.

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
lucky girl... hope Gypsy takes her under her wing, and teaches her how to be a pampered Dobergirl.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What a wonderful face. Who can resist these eyes?
LoL funny you should say that. A couple friends stopped over on Saturday and when they saw her they said she had "sarah mccaughlin eyes" (like the dogs from the ASPCA commercial)

I think she'll find her forever home very quickly she's so lovable to everyone/thing (so far!)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So we've had her for just over a week now and she's really coming along great. She spent the last 24 hours with the dogs with no barriers and they all got along with no spats. Donko adores her and Gypsy is being a good big sister too! Jewel watches them alot and follows them, so while I'd love for her to be the only spoiled brat I think a household with another dog would be great for her. Here are a few updated pics I got over the weekend. Shes available through DVDPA.org, If you're interested fill out an app! She gets spayed today so she should be on the website soon!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey! Just an update on my foster girl.
She's still here and she's doing GREAT! She is a totally different dog than when I got her. She's still "cautious" but has gained so much more confidence over the last few weeks. She also looks soo much better. She's got a beautiful soft coat and has lost quite a bit of weight. She's going to be a fantastic dog for someone. She's silly and playful but not as energetic as my girl (so to me she's soo easy! haha) I'm absolutely in love with her and if my Dane didn't want to rip her face off I'd consider keeping her. She knows sit, down and crate (she was TERRIFIED of the crate when I got her) Right now we're working on steps..I don't think she's even been on any before- thank god I live in a rancher!
Here is her Petfinder ad. If anyone is in the Tri-State area, please share :) I ordered her a new collar for Christmas and I'd really like to find her her forever home for the holiday.
Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Phoenixville, PA | Jewel
And of course a pic of this sweetie- its from the other night but if I took a pic right now i'd look exactly alike. She loves hanging out with me while I check my DT and craft :)

Edit: I was just reading through my posts and although she and Donko did well at first he decided he didn't like her a few weeks ago and bit her face. She recovered just fine but I haven't let them meet without a barrier since. He's still dealing with fear issues and apparently resource guarding (me). We're working on it, but its...work...and I obviously don't want anymore incidents before she can find her forever home. She and Gypsy do well though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
She's a cutie!

By the way, I'm the same person on DOL :) You asked on there and I never got around to confirming.

So I've come to learn that fear aggression in Danes is all too common. I'm dealing with it currently as well and it's not fun. Hope Donko gets his act together ;)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
She is a doll and looks like such a sweetie. Thank you for helping her.

Reactions: Dobe&Dane
1 - 20 of 25 Posts