Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Great news. We are the proud parents of a beautiful 5 year old dober boy! His name is Apollo and he needs some more meat on his bones, but he is just a love! He could not be any sweeter.

His last family was going to put him down because he didn't respect the invisible fence (apparently he feels that cats could very well be a doberman food group). God forbit they should try to train him.

He is not really trained, will sit and will come when called, but that's about it. So we'll be off to school together soon. had to share the good news with you all.

gotta go play with the boy.

cc

·
Registered
953 Posts
Oh that's AWESOME! Congrats on the new doberboy. He's a beauty for sure :)

Can't believe someone would put an animal down for such a dumb reason :( that's so sad. I'm really glad you were able to take him. I'm sure with a bit of school he'll be a great listener :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats! Being 5 yrs old already may be in your favor---he's already gone through the puppy stage and may be ready to pay attention and take his schooling seriously. Cant wail to hear updates on his progress. You're a good person to rescue such a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I"m so happy for you CM!!!!! That is great, and he is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Can't wait to see about a million more pictures and and hear all the great stories!!!! WAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Way to go, CodysMom!
What a good-looking Dobie.
I think all he needed was a good home to be a good dog.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Codysmom, I've turned the computer on this morning, just looking for this post. :dancing_b Big congratulations to you and Apollo, what a lovely boy he is! He looks like he owns the place already. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
apolloooooo (i have one too)! he's gorgeous! i'm sure he has found an absolutely wonderful new home :) congrats!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Codysmom said:
Hi guys. Great news. We are the proud parents of a beautiful 5 year old dober boy! His name is Apollo and he needs some more meat on his bones, but he is just a love! He could not be any sweeter.

His last family was going to put him down because he didn't respect the invisible fence (apparently he feels that cats could very well be a doberman food group). God forbit they should try to train him.

He is not really trained, will sit and will come when called, but that's about it. So we'll be off to school together soon. had to share the good news with you all.

gotta go play with the boy.

cc
Congrat's to you.He sure is pretty. My Hero don't like cats either I just tell her to leave it. Can't wait for updates on his progress and pictures too.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww he is so handsome! I love the name Apollo did he come with that name? probably since he is 5! Im so excited he has a home! Now you two can do everything together! I bet with a great home he is going to feel like he was just born again! and so happy!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He is really great - tho I think he may be coming down with a case of SRD (Spoiled Rotten Dobe).

He doesn't know how to play, lousey on a leash, but impeccable house manners. If you try to take his collar he absolutely cringes. I think that the bastards who had him before would only let out in when neccessary and then just ignored him. In one way, I'm kinda glad I don't know all the details, I just get madder and madder that anyone would treat a dobe that way.

He does do the funniest thing when he drinks his water tho. He rests his nose on the rim of the bowl and keeps it there while he is drinking. it is hilarious. I will try to get a picture to post.

Carrie

·
Registered
953 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
How can people be so mean to animals? I just don't get it. Why?
I don't get it either :( So sad. Sounds like he's a GREAT dog. I don't know why anyone would even want to spend the money to take something they aren't fully interested in! But I'm so glad he's in a better place now :) Can't wait to see some more pictures of the precious lil guy (or well big hehe)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts