Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ate half of a hard plastic frisbee while hubby & I were staining our fence. Ugh!

We had her safely gated on the deck (or so we thought) to get fresh air but, apparently, my sweet little human dummy decided to get the frisbee and give it to her.

Fingers crossed she passes it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Poor little girl, hope she's okay. It's amazing what all they will eat! I love the picture. I get that look a lot and it makes me smile everytime.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm sure it'll pass just fine. Did you ever get the stain off of her or does she still have extra rust markings...LOL.

Reactions: lyngr

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh poor thing.. I hope it all passed ok.. It is amazing what a dog will do. Came home yesterday.. and one of the dogs chewed up a leather leash into 6 pieces.. now what would make them do that.. never have done that before..

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I put some water out back for the dogs (in a plastic bowl) and when the water was gone Ziris ate half of the bowl! She is fine........she did have colorful poo though. I now ONLY leave the stainless bowls outside. I dont know what I was thinking....I mean it WAS neon pink! Naturally........she HAD to eat it.

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put some water out back for the dogs (in a plastic bowl) and when the water was gone Ziris ate half of the bowl! She is fine........she did have colorful poo though. I now ONLY leave the stainless bowls outside. I dont know what I was thinking....I mean it WAS neon pink! Naturally........she HAD to eat it.
I have to blame this one on my son! Although, I've had my share of stupid moments.

I'm sure it'll pass just fine. Did you ever get the stain off of her or does she still have extra rust markings...LOL.

Thanks. I hope.

Since I don't have any of the above remedies and we haven't finished the fence, I figured I'd wait. Today she added a few more marks. lol. She has to be right on top of us as we stain. Ahh dobes!

It's not fair to lock her away all day, especially since we're going on day 3 of this project and it's beautiful out.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Beautiful picture and I hope she passes it!!

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
Be ready for some possible vomiting in the wee hours of the morning of the pieces that don't make it out of the stomach. They like to eat grass to help make a nice throw up ball for you to clean up. Magnum (rest his soul) was a real trouble maker in this department. Swallowed a sock (which was vomited up the next day) - I had no idea he had. He swallowed the squeaker out of a toy and it got lodged in the opening between his stomach and small intestine (required abdominal surgery - couldn't budge it with the gastroscope.

Drago a major chewer man too. So he has only KONG or hard rubber toys that he can't chew through to play with.

Good luck...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
When my first dobe in the 70's got into the cooked Thanksgiving turkey my vet told me to give him a piece of white bread, something like wonder bread. Also the canned pumpkin is a good idea.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Lucas sometimes eats things hes not supposed to, like wood or rocks, luckily nothing bad has happened yet. We try to prevent it as much as possible. I would give some canned pumpkin (without sugar is best) like a couple other recomended with meals, or if i don't have canned pumpkin, olive oil can be added to meals as well, plus it helps their coat stay shinny. She'll be fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts