Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Ryan, I am so sorry you are going thruthis. what a horrible experience for both of you, not to mention poor baby damien. I agree with the others about the vet. it hink you may want to try to find a new one. there are some great ones out there that will go to the ends of the earth to help our doberkids and then there are the 'wait and see'. pErsonally, I would rather have my dobe and a big vet bill, than the awful alternative.

I don't know where you live, but if someone has been poisioning dogs, that has gotta be a crime and should be reported to the police. Not only are they a menace to the pet (and wild life population) in your neighborhood, if they are leaving out poisioned anything, that is a risk for toddlers as well. little kids are like puppies EVERYTHING goes in the mouth.

you may also want to take a look at some of your houseplants and landscaping, to see if they are chewed up. there are some plants that are quite poisionous - rhododendron (SP?) is one of the more common highly toxic plants.

again, I am soo sorry for your loss. there is little in life that is worse.

Carrie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.