Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been lurking on the forums for a while and decided I may as well post now! We are the forever home to soon-to-be 2 year-old Reno. We adopted him from a rescue a little over a month ago. His tail has been docked, but his beautiful ears are natural. He's blending in with the family just fine, but he does have some serious separation anxiety issues that, with the help of our vet, we are working through. He doesn't walk on a leash all that well, but he's gotten much better over the past few weeks. I'll be enrolling him in an obedience training class this month. While he does listen (to ME), he is not very consistent. He has taken over a sofa in the house. I didn't really want him on the furniture, but I will allow him this one spot. Nobody else ever sits on this sofa, anyway. :)

Our main goals for Reno are to get this separation anxiety under control and get him well trained on the leash so I can take him on some nice, long bike rides on the Walky Dog. He gets along well with other dogs and does great with kids (I have a 2 and 5 year-old).

Below is a photo collage I threw together of the boy. I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting some good advice! Oh, and I have had a Dobe before. I grew up with a Dobe girl. She was awesome, and I really miss her.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Thank you for rescuing. :)

My first Dobe was a 2 year old natural eared black boy with severe separation anxiety, so you have my sympathy. (That Dobe was the one who made me realize I needed a Dobe in my life always. :) )

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
welcome and have fun in class..... hes a real cutie pie

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi! Congrats on you newest addition and welcome to the forum from Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
welcome to DT, so wonderful that you rescued your doberchild, great collage!

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Hello and welcome!!! Congrats on your new addition, he is a cutie!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing the photos. Looks like he landed in the lap of luxury for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Welcome, and thank you for giving Reno a forever home of his own....he's a good looking boy.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts