Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December 16, 2011 I lost my Best Friend.
DJ was my rock for 10 1/2 years. I know it was 2 months ago but i am still having a very difficult time with this. We got Jayda because I truly think she will help the grieving process. But, I will never replace my golden girl. I think about her every night when I go to sleep but, it is a lot harder then i ever thought it would be. It was so sudden she was fine one day and the next I was visiting her at the vets and she couldn't pick her head up. I truly blame myself. If i wouldn't of pushed her in obedience, agility, rally, and agility maybe she would't of been so stressed. All I can think about is getting that phone call 5 minutes after I picked myself up off the floor after crying in her scruff for 2 ours telling me that she has passed. I keep thinking what if I would of stayed longer or wouldn't of gone at all. . . would she of kept hanging on? I just do not know what to do.

Dj Rest in Peace Baby

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I could only read bits and pieces, sorry...I felt your loss.

DJ didn't mind your pushing / always with you, your heart-dog.

I am facing a similar fate of depression (to come), BUT I will order a new puppy ASAP to train & love it...till its last breath.
- DJ wants YOU to carry on, and LOVE & GROW again, his job with you, was completed & most successful / can't ask for more

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife and I know your pain. Our baby boy left us only 1 month ago and it is very lonely in the house. I am sorry for you loss.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
No regrets, it won't do you any good to do that to yourself. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm 6 months post my Petey's death and I'm still having hard days. Grief is a long hard process. I am forever grateful that I have Monty. I got him six months after Petey's diagnosis with DCM. He was raised by Petey for 14 months, after Petey's death he has been there with me every step of the way. Get out there with your new baby, it will help to heal your heart. Again...I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sorry for your loss, just took my 11 1/2 years old GSD for his last walk to the park and icecream last friday......I keep on looking for him......I have lost pets before and it does get better, with time.....

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
I can so relate to your loss and heartache. Its been over a year since I lost my Mysti but I have had the same hard thoughts and have beat myself up so much over her loss. I had a perfectly happy dog in the morning and by 5 pm she was gone. I keep asking myself, what if the day had gone differently, what if I hadnt left to go to an eye appt I had, which btw the dr office screwed up major on it, and rescheduled it without my knowing. So I had drove there, no one was there and I came back and she was gone. I have wondered every day since I lost her if it would have made a difference had I taken her to the vet, could they have saved her, why didnt I stay with her that day ... but in the end it all comes down to what is meant to be. Getting over it is so hard, but you did all you could for your baby, and she knew you loved her beyond anything. Love the new puppy, give her all the attention and love and focus you need to and just hold on to the memories you have of your baby. She understands trust me. I have 2 sweet girls now, one we had when we lost Mysti and another beautiful girl as well.
RIP DJ, run free and happy.

Reactions: Jayda2012
1 - 13 of 13 Posts