Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not a real fox but my favorite mouton mitten, a fox face was on it.
View attachment 16215

I was on the phone with my client. Like I mentioned before on another thread, Elza was bored and without my notice she pulled the mitten from the shelf and ate the half of it. Now I know that's why she was quiet during my phone conversation. I shoud've paid much attention to her. I was busy negotiating the price using the calculator.
After noticing what happend, her face is "Sorry" and she pretends sleeping now.

2012012711150000.jpg

I know the smell of the real fur and leather seduced her... I couldn't find any pieces left on the floor which means she ate it, right!? Will it be digested?
I need to check her next poop in the afternoon:screama: Is it a kind of dragon slaying you call?? Poor my mitten...

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Keep a very close eye on her for an obstruction if she throws up or can't go to the bathroom get her to a vet quick for x- rays. Sometimes things eaten that are not suppose to be eaten can kill a dog or they may loose part of their intestines if it does not get its blood supply it will die. Good luck

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
LOL. They know when you are preoccupied and can't watch them or check on them.

(The "" keys on my Mac keyboar is hangin up -- oops so is the "" key. Nee to get a new keyboar tomorrow)

Reactions: Elzajpn

·
The DogFather
377 Posts
I'm having a hard time gauging how big the mittens piece is.

for future reference, the Vet says you have about 3 hours to get them to vomit forgein objects up before they need to have surgery.

I have forced atlas to vomit.....a lot...he's a garbage truck.

3 shots of 5cc worth of peroxide. about a min apart.

First one doesn't phase him
Second one he gets the idea that something isn't right
Third one...pukes within about a min...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: I checked her poops twice:screama: I saw very tiny pieces of yellow fox face and lots of fur like stuff. This time seems to be OK. She completely chewed it. I'll be more careful. This was the first time she swallowed the foreign objects.

·
We Serve the Doberman
900 Posts
Dexter does this and I have 2 vet bills of about 400 to prove it. Lucky we didn't need surgery, just IV fluids, doggie antibiotics and lots of pepto to sooth intestine/stomach. Oh and x rays.
Bummer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts