Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3 yr old dobe kiedis has started whinning garden since yesterday and wont come inside its like somethings scaring or hurtin him, he keeps hiding under table. any ideas please help !!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have you looked arround in the garden where he is whinning? He might have found a baby bird or something. If he has never done this before and there is nothing obviously wrong with him he might consider a trip to the vet and get him looked at. Has anything happened to him in the house lately?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yeah uve reminded me he skided on the laminate floor i reckon thats y?
Could be. When he slid on the floor did it freak him out. I would try putting the lead on him and guide him in the house. Dont make a fuss about it, dont annouce it just guide him in like you guide him when taking him for a walk. Not sure if it will work but worth a shot. :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I remember watching a program about a dog that would go outside and was always afraid to come back in. Dr. Stanley Coren told the man it was the dog's nails. They were so long that she couldn't grip the floor when the dog walked. The owner remembered that she had slipped a few times, nails were trimmed and the dog had no more problems.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Another thought, too - I have known of dogs with spinal issues who are suddenly terrified of floor surfaces; it can happen as quickly as overnight. You might want to take your dog to the vet for a checkup if the behaviro doesn't go away.

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
It could be something with the shiny or slippery flooring as others have mentioned. watch for any physiological abnormalities in the dog, then if nothing comes up maybe consult a behaviorist. I think for now you should try to help improve his self esteem, do a fun outdoor activity and then try to get him inside when he is tuckered out and calm. Also, I'm curious, "kiedis" is a very interesting name. Perhaps you are a RHCP fan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am like the biggest chilli peppers fan ever yeah!! sad maybe but i dont dont care!! ur the first person whos recognised the name well done !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts