Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am new here. I am also new to doberman.:biggrin: I just picked up my doberman puppy from the breeder few days ago. His name is Matt. According to the photos, Matt did not look skinny when he was younger. Now he is 3 months old, 15.2 lbs. I can clearly see his ribs and hipbones. :( I wonder what dry food should I feed my Matt. He sleeps and farts a lot!!! There's problem with his stomach I think. I've gone to the vet and been giving him lyophilized probiotics powder.
This is the video of him playing with his sister. He is the skinnier one.

https://youtu.be/oGvs4K1k6DQ

·
Super Moderator
15,482 Posts
Welcome to dt. Have you asked the breeder for advise? I would take the puppy to your veterinarian for a wellness check and also to screen for intestinal parasites. For the gassiness, are you feeding the same food the breeder did? If not, you really should, at least for another month or so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A vet check is always a good place to start if you are worried. My boy is just over a year and finally seems to be filling out! He seemed a little ribby to me before but he was parasite free and on a very good brand of dog food.

·
Premium Member
8,610 Posts
what is he being fed, and how much? Does he eat well? Has he been wormed since leaving the breeder? What does the breeder say about his weight?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts