Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here it goes....I bought my Doberman when she was around 8 mo old. Here ears were cut, who knows when and she has what I call a show cut but maybe a bit shorter. I had no idea how to tape ears and was probably the problem as her ears stood by themselves as we got her. However, somewhere along the line they fell down and then as I learned the taping process on and off again...

To make a long story longer, ha. I have tried everything and they bend over at the middle. She is nearly 2 years old and I want to try the implant route. I love this dog either way but GOD she is the perfect definition of a Doberman with her ears up and looks like a hound with them down.

Pics show her as a puppy and then I have picks that show her with her ears standing (without any support) after taping.

The problem here now is that she will not hold them up, I tape them for a week, take the tape off and she will run around and play for a couple of hours with them standing beautifully and then they go back down....

One picture shows just a simple piece of tape place in the outer edge of the ear and that is all that is needed to make them stand but she gets it off in a matter of minutes.

Well, I'm looking for a good vet in the Southeast (closer to Augusta, GA the better) region that will put some kind of implant in her ears to make them stand. Even if they stand 24/7 that would be fine with me. Just need a surgeon that can fix this problem once and for all. Tks Will try to load some pics.

I recently had a vet install an implant on the outside of her ear that worked for 30 days but she developed some scar tissue and had to remove it and days later her ears were down again. Please help.

Update 1: The 4th picture with my wife holding her is how her ears are "all of the time" even when bad guys come around or she is playing catch (very strong play drive) the ears are down from the middle up. The crown is always there and standing but ears flop over from the mid point where you see the red insert, which I couldn't leave on her of course.

Attachments

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts