Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my dobe likes eating apples when i eat some so i cut one in half for him is it ok for him to eat a apple ? he only gets one a day small slices
thanks
sheila,

·
Registered
281 Posts
i havent heard of apples being poisonous in moderation..although i would suggest removing the pips and core and i know some fruit seeds/pips have cyanide in them ..even daily small amounts of cyanide could build up in the body which will obviously be lethal ..NOT sure if apples are included (?) :)

im sure there will be someone along soon who possibly knows for sure :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
o.k i have just had a search on the web and the general idea is that the seeds are poisonus to dogs ( quote with varying toxic affects~ pretty vague huh? :)) but it mentions nothing about the actual flesh of the apple.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yeah thats what is said Gracie ..nothing specific about the syptoms etc just that it would give 'Varied Toxic affects' i looked up several search responses and they all said the same thing..too be safe i would just de-core the apple first ..wouldnt want anything happening to your baby girl:)

Also ~ thankyou Ann..i was really pleased with it :D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I cut apples into pieces for my dogs to put in their food at dinner time about 4times weekly, they love it. I always take the seeds out though...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
The rest of the apple is fine in moderation. It is a part of Lexy's "extras" that I supplement her diet with, blended with other goodies, just no seeds. I mean they aren't going to drop over if they get an apple seed. Just best to stay away from them altogether though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts