Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

my dobbie the stalker

851 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o 
#1 ·
I have a beautiful doberman, he is now 10 months old and has been a handful for most of those months. My husband and I spend alot of time with him and for the most part he has come a long way, he is very stubborn and the only one thing he still does is grab my daughters feet and pants, we have now started deverting him to do something else like get a toy etc. It works and I cannot wait until that phase passes.

I have a new question, Odin recently started when meeting other dogs he will lay down, which was fine, but today he started stalking whatever dog is coming his way. Is this normal? should I get concerned. He has done this at home since he was a little puppy, my husband would just say sneaky and he would walk like he was stalking.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sherri (Odins Mom)

#5 ·
Odin recently started when meeting other dogs he will lay down, which was fine, but today he started stalking whatever dog is coming his way. Is this normal? should I get concerned. He has done this at home since he was a little puppy, my husband would just say sneaky and he would walk like he was stalking.
Right, dobermans are stalker to the dogs and people particularly their family:)

By the way, my neighbor's mixed-bred dog lays down whenever he finds Elza on the street. I think it looks adorable as if he waits for Elza coming and actually they start playing each other. They're good friends.
However, the owner of the dog was told by her trainer that "the posture is originally "starting to attack" mode and it would mislead wrong interpretatiointo other dogs so correct it." Is it true?? How's Odin?
It could or used to be thousands years ago, but case-by-case now I guess.

#6 ·
My Odin stalks too, I figure in my own opinion I think it comes from the German Shepard that was used to create the Doberman. Again just my own theory, but everyone that watches him do it get a kick out of it because he acts like the other dog can't see him but its obvious the other dog can see him ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.