Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I've been super busy lately... but I haven't forgot you guys! Here's a quick picture of my lovely little lady :) She's doing FABULOUS! Making strides in SAR training and getting ready to enter in some rally O trials. I'm pretty stoaked! Only crappy thing that's happened is the neighbor's dog jumped our fence and attacked Callie- you can see the damage on the tip of her ear in the photo :( hoping it heals alright.. I'm so upset! Animal control and the police took care of everything though, and she's alright save that.

I'll be back around this weekend when things settle down a little

ETA: Ahem. please excuse the ENORMOUS ugly breathe right strip- our store only had their brand, and extra larges.. boo! We're back to regular posting now though- I'd rather just post longer and have perfect ears than rush, and really, postings are so quick now that its easier than the breathe rights!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
longshot4me
Momma's girl is most pretty...and what a happy soul / great job on all the early training...she is getting big, not so little any more...they grow so fast !!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I love it. Pretty Callie.

You travel just like I do with mine. Front seat for Taylor and the other two hanging over my shoulder from the back seat.

Reactions: longshot4me

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've been curious about SAR and Dobermans in Colorado lately. Will you be doing winter SAR work with her ever or keep it spring summer? Otto tolerated snow, but I don't think he would've appreciated some of the winter hikes I took Stella on this winter lol. Lots of wind and snow :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That can't possibly be little Callie--boy, she's GROWN! She's getting to be such a big girl. Keep checking in when you have time--it's great to hear your news (and pictures).
She's getting so big! Close to 50 lbs now :( I'm still hoping for her to end up within standards though!

And hey, it IS the middle of the month- we're about due for another CO meet :)

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been curious about SAR and Dobermans in Colorado lately. Will you be doing winter SAR work with her ever or keep it spring summer? Otto tolerated snow, but I don't think he would've appreciated some of the winter hikes I took Stella on this winter lol. Lots of wind and snow :)
Yes! We do winter! :) She has the ruffwear fleece, and their over-coat too if its needed. She also gets booties if its particularly nasty or icy. We were out in March on an uncharacteristically cold day (we were above treeline too) with crazy winds.. 10 degrees out! She did just fine. Rescue work doesn't take break for the winter :nicejob: we just need to take more 'precautions' so to speak, than our GSDs or labs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone :) This dog is my heart and soul! Love her to peices- always glad to share her with you guys and see your babies too!

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,479 Posts
She's getting so big! Close to 50 lbs now :( I'm still hoping for her to end up within standards though!

And hey, it IS the middle of the month- we're about due for another CO meet :)
Name a place and time! We're mostly free til mid June--and my daughter is home from school, so there would even be two of us to manage the canines!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very pretty girl. :) How's the training job going?
Going well! I have a puppy group (starts at) 8-12wks that I do on Saturdays and Sundays :) Our course covers: sit, down, stay, watch me, leave it, solve jumping up, solve biting, and solve potty problems. We have done some tricks too, just for fun! roll over, spin, high five, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts