Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a very heavy heart, I am sharing the passing of my beloved Cole. It was too hard to do this earlier and is still hard. Cole was my first Dobe. He is my heart dog. I love him with my whole mind, body and soul and he loved me thrice as much as I loved him. His love was unconditional and everlasting.

He lived a full, active Dobe life. We took long walks, hiked, participated in obedience training and showing, participated in conformation showing and he had lots of love from his family and extended family. He was shown to his CH by Sharon Marinelli (Sharjet Dobermans) at 22 months. We achieved his WAC soon after that and his CD and ROM at 5 years.

He was my miracle because he was diagnosed with DCM at 27 months. With great support from family and friends, and dedicated veterinarians and staff (his vet cried with me when I told her he had DCM, the cardiologist staff cried when we had to put him down—he was well loved), he lived to the ripe old age of 9 years and 8 months. He passed March 3, 2011 as his heart could not pump enough blood to reach is extremities. He was asymptomatic his entire life; not one cough. We put him to sleep with his Momma whispering in his ear, “Momma loves the baby.” The same thing he heard every night when he went to sleep.

·
Registered
939 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. He'll be waiting for you with nubbin' wagging when you get where you're going.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Thank you for sharing your beautiful Cole's story with DT. It is one that needed to be told, that there is HOPE with a DCM diagnosis. Although I've known about Cole's passing....reading your tribute has touched my heart beyond belief, I'm crying again. :( I am so deeply sorry. Thank you for walking through DCM with me, you were such a comfort and help during my darkest hours with Petey. Love going out to you and lots of good vibes for the future. ox

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. He tried so hard to stay with you and in all honesty I think he managed a wonderful feat, he obviously drew strength from you and you him.

Run free Cole. May Angels whisper when you lay down to sleep that your mum loves you till you meet again.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you. RIP Cole.

Reactions: DobeMom616

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to Cole is beautiful, thanks for sharing it with us. Hope your heart continues to heal. I lost my heart boy a year ago on April 18 and I'm still healing, but can now look back on our memories without tearing up :)

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
Those of us who've lost dogs in the past know the sadness. I'm sorry for your loss. You can tell he was very loved. Hugs.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. He did really well to have to have this horrible diganosis. It is obvious he lived a good life. He was a beautiful boy. God's speed.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
My deepest sympathy. I didn't know Cole's story, but he was clearly a brave and stalwart boy, who will be greatly missed, as all dogs should be.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Although I've known about Cole's passing....reading your tribute has touched my heart beyond belief, I'm crying again. :( I am so deeply sorry. Thank you for walking through DCM with me, you were such a comfort and help during my darkest hours with Petey. Love going out to you and lots of good vibes for the future. ox
Carol, being able to share Cole's passing with you was a great comfort. Thank you for being there for me.

Reactions: Luvbirds

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your kind condolences.

·
Never Will Forget You
3,288 Posts
A beautiful tribute for a very special dog.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Oh Cheryl - I thought I had heard that he died, but thought it wasn't true because I had not seen anything about it :( I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP Cole - you were loved, and won't be forgotten.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts