Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marley is around 5 months now and when we are home she obeys really well. She sits, lays , waits, gives paw etc. But once we are out she just wont listen. Its my first dog ever so I dont know what to do :confused: . Also How can I teach her to fetch a ball? She is fine with that when we are home as well. But once we are out she runs after the ball for a bir then turn around and come back to me without the ball. :confused:

·
Bazinga!
4,534 Posts
Marley is around 5 months now and when we are home she obeys really well. She sits, lays , waits, gives paw etc. But once we are out she just wont listen. Its my first dog ever so I dont know what to do :confused: . Also How can I teach her to fetch a ball? She is fine with that when we are home as well. But once we are out she runs after the ball for a bir then turn around and come back to me without the ball. :confused:

Go back to simple with high value treats trying not to overwhelm her with distractions at first keep it simple. As she becomes accustomed to it you can take her into busier places.

Always leave them wanting more, if you know she will bring the ball back twice then quit the game. Don't throw it a third time. I Used to bounce it as we went along keeping his interest in me and the ball. Some toys are better receieved than others, as they mature I've found it gets better.

·
Registered
16,038 Posts
Good advice from SieYa!

I suggest you get the book The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller. Amazon, Walmart and book stores should have it.

Best training book ever and covers various behavioural problems, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts