Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my friends - Mr. B and headed to the basement training grounds - again . I can not say How much I love him working with me on my Rally OB - God knows - I sure do need it ! He is so patience with me : ) My knee is lots better but still not working 100 % : )

Now for the video - When we started - the furnace came on - that's what he is looking at - so we started over :grin2: - You know at was a very good thing = distraction ! it was on the whole time so he got use to it . Things like that could trip you up in ring .

Fire away ! I need the advice - I'm going to get the on-line training and see if that helps me out .

Enjoy Mr. Business training me :grin2:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Oops. It gave me an Error msg.

·
Got mutt?
13,726 Posts
Got it --- LOL They changed how to make it public so you can see it
It doesn't need to be set to public. If it's unlisted, anyone you give the link to (like posting it here) will be able to see it.

Very few of my videos are set to public. The ones that are are so that people searching for All Dogs Parkour, Cyber Rally-O and trick dog titles can see them.

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed it Rosemary

thanks

But the question to you the pro - any better than the last time - fire away - that's what I need to get better . :wink2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I love his yawn at the beginning! It's like, ho hum....have to take the human on a walk. LOL
79 - Here's the deal :grin2: Kadin , NEVER got his nap at noon ! I seen him yawning when we went down there - Notice at one time - he laid down - I asked to get up and he did - lol I knew then he was pooped out .

About 3 weeks ago - I was taking to Spocksdad - I told him that Kadin dang near drug me down the stairs ( I had his lead on ) SD said I had better just let him run down there and then hook him up - so , that's what I did - Mr. B ran up and down the stairs 3 times before I got down there - so that pooped him out more .

Side note -- He's been sleeping since :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I will leave the advice to the pros. I just want you to know I love the videos and I love you two. BTW, MR. B can come live with me anytime you decide you don't want him.

Reactions: LadyDi and ECIN

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
OK, I will give you something.
Make a left square.
Dog is sitting ....
You are standing to the right side of your dog
Your dog is sitting to your left side.
Consider your left leg as "your gas pedal".....
Your first step is with YOUR left leg (this is Doc's gas pedal, your left leg Doc,you can lift that leg a little to capture his attention if needed ) .........if you are consistant Mr. B will figure out ..oop...Dads left leg is in motion ....so we are moving.
If you always start your forward motion using your left leg first ...Mr. B will see this real clearly.....his head is close to that left leg....Doc, to you that left leg is a gas pedal.....to Mr. B your left leg is a blinker. .........
Now.....
With dog sitting to your left side.....step off with your left leg Doc.
Take four steps, then stop, Mr. B should automatically sit since you stopped motion....wait for the sit.
Once Mr. B sits ....take a moment ....
Then lightly tap your left leg.....and step to your left real slow (left leg first because that's the gas pedal = we are in motion)
Take four steps....wait for the sit each time............continue this process to make a square .
Continue real slowly to make a square.

As time goes by you can increase the steps....making a bigger square.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Hi Doc,

Looks like Mr B is doing well!

Did have a question - couldn't tell but do you give verbal commands or is this all on queues?

At the end made me smile when he tried to grab the leash as if to say hey wait we aren't done are we :grin2: But I am a bit tired since I was yawning :2smile:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,090 Posts
Ken, Enjoyed your basement training video with Mr. B!

I have no soundtrack, only static. Are you giving him verbal commands and/or praise for his tasks? Mr. B certainly knows what he is supposed to do, thanks to your training. But the yawn and his general lack of focus sort of illustrate that he's just phoning it in, like a gov't employee going through the motions. (he has the skills, but no enthusiam) Are you allowed to treat him during the OB exercises? Maybe this would rev up his focus more? (or maybe a female canine spectator?) :laugh:

And Kenny, what's all your hobbling about? You look like me, walking out of crossfit workout yesterday.... Might want to get Mr. B a harness soon, with a handle for you to hold on to? :grin2:

Keep up the good work! Please add sound to next video... :2smile:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't need to be set to public. If it's unlisted, anyone you give the link to (like posting it here) will be able to see it....

Rosemary is quite correct above. Only videos on stored on Flicker need to be set to "Anyone (public)" permission settings to allow embedded viewing on DT. Actually not embedded like a YouTube video, but a photo that links to viewing to video on the Flickr page. Example:

Dog Toy Stealing Video Clip (on Flickr)

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
Morning Doc. More video’s .
Let’s see a perfect left square. (If you want to that is ) ....:grin2:
I love Mr. B videos!

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, I will give you something.
Make a left square.
Dog is sitting ....
You are standing to the right side of your dog
Your dog is sitting to your left side.
Consider your left leg as "your gas pedal".....
Your first step is with YOUR left leg (this is Doc's gas pedal, your left leg Doc,you can lift that leg a little to capture his attention if needed ) .........if you are consistant Mr. B will figure out ..oop...Dads left leg is in motion ....so we are moving.
If you always start your forward motion using your left leg first ...Mr. B will see this real clearly.....his head is close to that left leg....Doc, to you that left leg is a gas pedal.....to Mr. B your left leg is a blinker. .........
Now.....
With dog sitting to your left side.....step off with your left leg Doc.
Take four steps, then stop, Mr. B should automatically sit since you stopped motion....wait for the sit.
Once Mr. B sits ....take a moment ....
Then lightly tap your left leg.....and step to your left real slow (left leg first because that's the gas pedal = we are in motion)
Take four steps....wait for the sit each time............continue this process to make a square .
Continue real slowly to make a square.

As time goes by you can increase the steps....making a bigger square.
LDI - You sure are right about the left foot lead - 6-7 brought that out the last video - But I'm a SLOW learner ! I did work on it - yet failed when it was how time - I will work on that more !

Left square is a problem for me = my right knee problem - but it is getting a little better and hope to improve that too ! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Doc,

Looks like Mr B is doing well!

Did have a question - couldn't tell but do you give verbal commands or is this all on queues?

At the end made me smile when he tried to grab the leash as if to say hey wait we aren't done are we :grin2: But I am a bit tired since I was yawning :2smile:
Thanks Modm - I think I need to change cards in the camera - sound is gone . Yes I do talk to him - but working more on queues for the more advanced classes - which I think he is doing better .

Mr. B was tried when we did the training - he had not had his noon nap and it sure did show .

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ken, Enjoyed your basement training video with Mr. B!

I have no soundtrack, only static. Are you giving him verbal commands and/or praise for his tasks? Mr. B certainly knows what he is supposed to do, thanks to your training. But the yawn and his general lack of focus sort of illustrate that he's just phoning it in, like a gov't employee going through the motions. (he has the skills, but no enthusiam) Are you allowed to treat him during the OB exercises? Maybe this would rev up his focus more? (or maybe a female canine spectator?) :laugh:

And Kenny, what's all your hobbling about? You look like me, walking out of crossfit workout yesterday.... Might want to get Mr. B a harness soon, with a handle for you to hold on to? :grin2:

Keep up the good work! Please add sound to next video... :2smile:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosemary is quite correct above. Only videos on stored on Flicker need to be set to "Anyone (public)" permission settings to allow embedded viewing on DT. Actually not embedded like a YouTube video, but a photo that links to viewing to video on the Flickr page. Example:

Dog Toy Stealing Video Clip (on Flickr)

Well - I will try this again ! Lost everything I just wrote to yeah SD

Yes - Kadin was bored - lets make that very bored yesterday - He had not had his nap at noon and as we all can see - he was not in the game .

I do talk to him with high praise when he turns the right way , He's lots better at doing right than I :grin2: But I'm trying to do better - and that comes from advise from on here , to bring out what I'm doing wrong .

Knee ? Not a good thing , but working on it . It's really throwing off some on the things we are trying to do .

Going to try and get the sound thing working SD - it has to be the card in the camera - I think - will switch it out and see what happens .

I tried treats one time - that ended the class right there :grin2::grin2: He was only worried about what was in my pockets , so never tried that again .

Thanks SD !

Doc
Many , many things need to be worked on here . Just wish we had classes closer and NOT at 8 at night with a better than a hour drive home .

·
Premium Member
9,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will say one thing right or wrong - But when Kadin and I were down there working on my OB - I got to thinking about a tread on here other day - the one about using a Ecollar - and I thought WHY ? It is so much fun to work one on one with him - This where we become a team and the bond is for life . You just don't get that shocking them and saying no - or don't do that . They just don't know what they are doing wrong - But on a lead - it is so easy to redo a mistake and these Dobers are SO Smart - they pick up very quick . Is Mr. B perfect ? Heck no - he still forget his name sometimes - lol But were working on it :grin2:

Doc

1 - 20 of 42 Posts