Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emily progressed to Open by taking a third first place win on Wednesday in Salem, Virginia. We spent the week in a cabin at Douthat State Park and commuted to the show. I think everyone, even Emily's ornery teanage brother had a good time. Warning; too many photos to follow...

Off for a hike.

Couldn't leave out Chester.

Phil

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Wow! big congrats to your daughter!! I will have to show the pictures to Maureen. She looks so professional in the pictures - I need to find a suit for Maureen and was actually looking on line tonight.

How old is she? Maybe someday they will go to a show together, but I know we will just be sticking to very local shows for a while yet. I'm actually hoping that she won't get those 3 1st places too fast - open looks like it is a lot harder and I want her to learn more before getting there.

I was really impressed with all the parents ringside this weekend - I've never really watched Jr's before, and they seemed like a nice bunch of people.

Thanks for all the pictures! I will try to remember to take some this coming Friday.

Reactions: ps4570

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Em will be 11 in a few weeks, August 27th. Open is going to take some getting use to. Emily has grown accustom to placing and I'm concerned it will be somewhat discouraging for her to not make the top four. Open is much more competitive.

The Juniors really seem to stick together and have a lot of fun. Many of the shows also have Junior only activities (e.g., pizza parties, scavenger hunts, etc.) that foster camaraderie. It would be great for the girls to meet up sometime.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Way to go Emily! You are very lucky to have such supportive parents. Lena sure is a great sport as well. She is a very pretty girl. (I thought Emily was older than 11 though) She looks very grown up for her age.

·
Mighty One
1,734 Posts
:cool: Cool..nice job.. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Em will be 11 in a few weeks, August 27th. Open is going to take some getting use to. Emily has grown accustom to placing and I'm concerned it will be somewhat discouraging for her to not make the top four. Open is much more competitive.

The Juniors really seem to stick together and have a lot of fun. Many of the shows also have Junior only activities (e.g., pizza parties, scavenger hunts, etc.) that foster camaraderie. It would be great for the girls to meet up sometime.
Oh then they are really pretty close in age. Maureen turned 11 in May. Is Em going into 6th grade too? If they ever get to meet up at a show, they will most likely be competeing against each other - both with Dobermans - LOL! Someone ringside made the comment to me that Dobermans are "flashy" and do well in the Jrs ring.

Jr's has always just been something that I knew existed but I never really paid any attention to - guess that will all change now! We won't be doing it a lot but I hope to get her to a few more local shows this fall.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Way to go Emily!!!:biggthump Congrats!! It reminds me of my youngest daughter, she is 22 now, but still busy with dogs!!

Keep going Emily!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh then they are really pretty close in age. Maureen turned 11 in May. Is Em going into 6th grade too? If they ever get to meet up at a show, they will most likely be competeing against each other - both with Dobermans - LOL! Someone ringside made the comment to me that Dobermans are "flashy" and do well in the Jrs ring.

Jr's has always just been something that I knew existed but I never really paid any attention to - guess that will all change now! We won't be doing it a lot but I hope to get her to a few more local shows this fall.
Yes, Em will be starting 6th grade in the fall. I think it safe to say, Dobermans do well in most everything :). You definitely see them in the Jrs. ring. By the way, I forwarded your email address to my wife; Donna. She has some clothing tips she said she would be willing to share with you.

There were three Dobes showing on Wednesday in Juniors (counting Lena) out of about 40 Juniors in total. The photo below is a head shot I took of one of the older Junior handler's Dobes. I'm posting it because (besides being gorgeous); I got a laugh when I realized a picture of her sire, Ch. Mikadobe's You Cheated v. Amoore, is the featured dog for August in the calendar hanging in front of me on my office wall.

CH MIKADOBE'S GALADRIEL

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I'd love to email with your wife about Jr's clothes. I don't sew at all (a button is enough of a challenge), and finding professional clothes that can be washed, fit and don't cost a fortune is tough. I was searching the web for petite suits last night - uggghhh! The one outfit I bought her came from Talbots petites (on sale of course), I was desperate! There is another piece to it, but it was way too hot this past weekend to make her wear it.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Congradulations to Em and Lena sure is a beautiful girl too. I can imagine that the open will be tougher on Em, but she looks poised enough to handle it. Keep us updated on how she is doing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Oh my! It looks like Adriel made it on here before I even came out of lurking! ;) Thanks for the kind words and lovely picture of my girl in Salem. Let’s see, I think that was my 6th show with her. She's my first Doberman and I don't know how I ever lived without one!

Anyways, I was watching Emily and Lena in Juniors every day I could, and I have to say, there's definite talent there! Plus the bond they have is quite obvious, which is very important. I know as she gains experience she'll be one to watch out for. :biggthump Congrats! Open is tough, but like I said, she's got talent. Oh, and I hope Lena is enjoying her rabbit treats!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, and I hope Lena is enjoying her rabbit treats!
Ah, the rabbit treats. It was very kind of you to give them to us. Though, it wasn't enough Lena tried to steal them from your bag. When we got home, I put Emily's show bag on the kitchen table with the bag of rabbit treats inside. I didn't think anything more about it. Some hours later my wife wanted to know why I left the rabbit treats on the living room floor where Lena and Chester could get at them. More then half the bag of jerky was gone. The devil (as in Lena) must have reached up on the kitchen table, unzipped (I have no idea when she learned how to do this) the show bag and evidently; took the bag of treats to a quiet part of the house to enjoy. Emily's show bag was exactly were I remembered leaving it, only the zipper was now pulled halfway open; more then enough to accommodate a Doberman's head.

That dried rabbit must smell really good! Too funny you saw this post. Thanks again.

Here is the uncropped photo I took of Adriel. Too bad the Purina sign was in the way.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Congratulations! How exciting! :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good job Em and Lena,you must be very proud Phil.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Way to go! They look like a great team. Em is going to be one great handler.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ah, the rabbit treats. It was very kind of you to give them to us. Though, it wasn't enough Lena tried to steal them from your bag. When we got home, I put Emily's show bag on the kitchen table with the bag of rabbit treats inside. I didn't think anything more about it. Some hours later my wife wanted to know why I left the rabbit treats on the living room floor where Lena and Chester could get at them. More then half the bag of jerky was gone. The devil (as in Lena) must have reached up on the kitchen table, unzipped (I have no idea when she learned how to do this) the show bag and evidently; took the bag of treats to a quiet part of the house to enjoy. Emily's show bag was exactly were I remembered leaving it, only the zipper was now pulled halfway open; more then enough to accommodate a Doberman's head.

That dried rabbit must smell really good! Too funny you saw this post. Thanks again.
Talk about a coincidence! Here I am just reading a post about a fellow Junior and there's my dog, lol.

You're welcome, and it sure looks like she's found that magic "button" that she'll do anything for! Yikes, unzipping the bag all by herself too....I think we've created a monster! ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts