Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,571 Posts
I know from both sides and feel that dogs should not be let to bark. Unfortunately some people do take things to an extreme I have learned. I do not allow my dogs more than a few times. We do not have a barking ordinance where I currently live, and you can tell. I feel it is rude, but most of the time, it is pretty quiet. OTOH, where I lived before, there was a barking ordinance. The neighbor did not like my dogs because of their breed. She would call the animal control daily and make false complaints of excessive barking. When they would drive by, they would be on the back porch resting or under the tree. I feel it is rude. She never once came to me with a complaint and I finally went to her. Feel lucky that your neighbor is coming to you with the complaint. She ended up being warned by animal control to stop making false calls. :) They loved my dogs. I was more than happy when I moved.

· Registered
3,571 Posts
Poor puppy being left out like that in the cold weather. :( I hate seeing animals like that. My friend lives next to a guy that has 2 german short hairs. He has them in a kennel in the back of his yard 24/7, 364 days of the year. Rain or snow. It can get pretty cold. I always feel so bad for them. His excuse is that they are hunting dogs and they need to be used to the weather. I can see that, but they are dogs and pack animals. They need human contact. Why get them? He competes with them and when he finally lets them loose, they are all over the neighborhood. One got hit by a car and dented the side panel of the car. OTOH, they don't bark constantly. :) But they do whine when they see people outside. I think that is almost worse than hearing a dog bark at you. Seeing their faces stare at you and whine. It is heartbreaking. I try not to go onto the back porch as much as possible so I don't have to see it. The pooing in other peoples yards in rude too. Not very friendly of them.

· Registered
3,571 Posts
It is true about the ordinances. I think I mentioned them before with where I lived previously and the neighbors. The ordinance there was barking for 10 minutes was enough. Mostly continuously. I knew the dogs weren't dogs weren't barking because when I would let them out to go potty, they would maybe bark once or twice at squirrels or rabbits. The humane society would sit and watch this also to make sure. People do use these for their benefit if they choose to. It happens everywhere. And they don't tell you who is reporting the person. I was tired of it and started asking questions of neighbors. All of who had no problems but one. The insane part comes when people go out and debark their dogs so people don't know they have dogs. I saw a house that did that to 3 rotties. They would go to the fence and growl at you. But you couldn't hear it. That is what was insane. They would gloat that they didn't want to robbers to know that they had them waiting for them. Sad.

· Registered
3,571 Posts
I agree. I thought it was a sick disgrace and abuse to the dogs. There was no need for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.