Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,358 Posts
If dogs see something it is natural for them to bark but if they go on and on then they need to be taken inside or better yet trained not to do so, yes dogs bark but the burden of training them is on us.

I can speak from both ends because Da'Kari barks when outside so I too have to bring her in if it gets out of hand. If something alerts her and she barks that is fine but not going on and on. She doesn't do it all the time, there are times when she will play for hours without a peep but if there is a lot going on outside the fence then she starts.

OTOH right across the street there are four shih tzu's that are let out all at once first thing bright and early for potty and wake me up every morning barking sharp little barks.

I think people always need to be considerate of other people at our best ablilty. This lady does deserve to be able to sit outside in her backyard without disruption with her mother, with her husband or just alone. Our homes are our sanctuary where we can relax. We choose to have dogs but they didn't have a choice :)

I know this is on the not so popular opinion side but I see it from both sides, the side of having a barking dog and one of having been and continuously being disturbed by outside barking, I can't in good conscience allow mine to disrupt other peoples peace and quiet.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Mine don't bark unless there is reason, the problem with them is that once they start it is a little hard to get them to stop, for instance if there are dogs loose in the neighborhood (against leash law but it is fact *sigh*) they will bark until the dogs go away so I end up having to bring mine in. I go out on the back patio and read or take laptop (wireless internet) or do yard work and they will play for hours and not bark, they do of course do the little growly and bark at each other but it is not the "loud something is amiss bark". That I don't mind because they are playing and I don't think the neighbors pay it any mind. It is incessant barking that gets irritating. That I won't allow my dogs to do. If my neighbors were to complain to me then I would do all that I could to insure that they would not disturb anyone. That is my place to do so. I don't think someone is being rude by asking or hinting that we keep our dogs quiet. There is no law here that we must but I want to do it out of respect. The same as I wish others would respect us by keeping their dogs on leash but they don't LOL. I try to follow the city ordinanes but yet I deal with dogs in our garbage on pick up day, many times we have been up at the crack of dawn picking up garbage, talked to the owners and they get arrogant, it's not fair to us, but finally I got pictures :) and the owner was still arrogant, wanted to know "IF WE" put the lids on tight ROFL, it wouldn't matter if I laid it all out on the streets in bags his dog shouldn't bother my garbage and wouldn't if they follow the rules.

LOL OK, I will get off my soap box, hehe.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
LOL I did, and the very two dogs that are allowed to run loose are in mine and the neighors garbage in those pics and I have them on my computer for safe storage but it doesn't matter because get this, the owner of one of the dogs, the arrogant one is the cousin or nephew of our JUDGE in town. *sigh* so you know what that means. We have called animal control, I have talked to just about everyone I know to call, it does NO good because of who he is. Other than that it is a great place.

My husband goes to work at 4:30 a.m. so one morning he was leaving and there was garbage all over the street from this owners previous dog and Mark went over at 4:30 a.m. and pretty as you please banged on the dog, ohhh he was hot and the sleepy wife came to the door and Mark let them know that there was garbage all over and it was Ace that did it, we knew because she was the only dog running at that time. She has since died and then they got this other pup. Not one time was our garbage gotten into after she died until this new one and she is doing it with her bestest neighbor doggie friend, a little JRT who came after Ace died also.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.