Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
953 Posts
I don't think you should get any barking device for your dogs. If you aren't comfortable with them. It just sounds to me your neighbour's are assholes (pardon my language). Because they call over and over again. I mean, disrupting her lunch with her Mother? I'd be very irrate. Maybe it's hte type of person I am. But I'd continue on with what I was doing. UNLESS my dogs were barking at the ppl and wanting to get over the fence. Other wise I see no propblem with it. IMO Dogs bark, it's life. Dogs bark when they want something, they bark when they're playing. It would be a wonderful thing if htey could talk to us and let us know what's going on. But unfortunatly, they Bark! :)

Good luck with that. We move in July. I really hope we have great neighbours lol. Bruno isn't a barker, so I'm not worried about that. But I am worried about their attitude towards us having a Dobe.

· Registered
953 Posts
Red Girl said:
I know I don't post very often but was just curious, how long have you had the new neighbors? When I had my adult Dobe she would bark at the new neighbors till she was used to them, she even got to the point where she recognized his family members and didn't bark at them, but strangers she would. Dobes tend to protect what they see, is there a chance maybe your neighbor would come to the fence and meet the dogs, maybe even give them a cookie if they sit so they will know she belongs there, or is she not really the kind of person you can work with? Love the pic, behind the fence LOL!
I think that's a good idea. :)

What I meant by the dogs being allowed to bark. Is if they were just playing doing whatever. I don't believe it has mentioned if the dogs bark all day for no reason. Or if they are barking at the neighbour, or what they are barking at. So I think with what is given, I would be angry that the neighbour keeps nagging. If the dogs are being tied out in the early morning and left there. Then of course I'd be livid with that. But if they're out in the middle of the afternoon and not doing the non stop bark, but just playing around bark. Then I see no problem with it.

Bruno will only bark if he's unfamiliar with something. Once he gets use to it being there, or say the neighbour's being there. He's fine. He's really not a barker. Or rather a barker for no apparent reason.

· Registered
953 Posts
Dakari, see. NOw that would piss me off too lol. Dogs loose! I use to hate that when I lived at home with my parents. Always a stray dog running around and coming into our yard bugging our dogs. That I'd have to try to put an end too. Also more so because you are left picking up garbage when you shouldn't HAVE too. Geesh. And I had to laugh when you said you even took pictures HA HA ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.