Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so for the past several years, I've been a quasi-runner. I competed in one 5k about 3 years ago but have really not been nearly dedicated enough. Last month was the Naha Marathon, it got me to thinking about the dream of one day running a marathon. The day after a race, at a girl scout meeting, I asked a leader who I knew ran, how she did. Lana completed the 26.3 miles in less than 3 hours. Amazing! My goal is to finish in less than 5 LOL. At any rate, the mom of one of the girls in my troop was standing there and told me we should start training to run next year. I agreed with her and was excited for a day or so but kind of put it on the far back burner what with Christmas and all.
This morning I went for a short run and logged it and then e-mailed the link to the running log to the other mom, Carmon. She called me a few minutes later to tell me that I had to rush to the gym to register for the Okinawa Marathon on Feb 26! HA!!! I told her she was nuts, I can run faster and longer than she can (and really that's not saying much) and there is no way I could be ready for a marathon in 2 months. Then she explained that they have a loop for a 1/4 marathon, which is only like 6.25 miles. So, I conceded and just got back from registering. I'm really excited about it. I know it's not a huge distance or anything and don't plan on finishing in much less than an hour but it's exciting none-the-less. I get a number and a t-shirt and everything!!!!!
So, please everyone, wish me luck. When I whine about being sore or unmotivated, please tell me to get my head out of my butt and keep going. I know I'll be so proud of myself after the run and even more determined to run the complete race next year.
Poor little Chi is going to have her long skinny legs run off by this time next year LOL!
~Tracy

·
Registered
288 Posts
Good luck and keep training . with the registration in i'm sure you'll keep the training. chihiro will love all the runs.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Great news Tracy!! You can do it! I know you love to run! (I love my couch by the way....) Chi is going to be a great motivator, and keep you moving! Keep us updated on your times and distances, we'll be sure to keep you motivated!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oooooh how I envy you! I used to be an avid runner myself(it was a borderline obsession) and I stopped for whatever reason and now I can't get back into it anymore. Just keep plugging away at it and before you know it, you'll be registering for that big marathon ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just caught up with this thread - Good luck TracyJo!!!!

I've tried running with Jeddah.......oooh nasty!

This is how it goes, "c'mon Jeddah, let's go. Large, leggy dobe galloping along, getting more and more excited........ leaping and trying to lick owner in the face, owner who is not particulary co-ordinated then gets legs entangled with dobe, trips......falling, falling, fallen.......ooooh nasty.... :help_up_2
We walk now....:)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really think that Chi and Jeddah may be long lost sisters LOL. We are practicing with the running thing. She does the same thing, gets excited and starts bouncing. Since I'm anything but graceful, it's just a bad mix. Right now I can make it around a mile at a slow jog with her. We'll just gradually increase speed and distance. Heaven forbid another jogger pass us while we're running too, that's just entirely too much for my little girl. And I can see the look in her eye "momma, I'm trying but you're expecting an awful lot.... Let me chase her if I can't bounce and chase you!!!" :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
:muha:

I find the embarrassment I experience of imagining what other people are saying about the stupid woman trying to trip over the top of her bouncing dog, was enough to make me stop! Sounds like you and Chi are making good inroads to a successful marathon partnership!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts